• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

coupon train

LuvTheMagic985

Mouseketeer
I'd really like to start a coupon train if we could get enough "responsible" couponers to jump on board and kick this train in motion! Email me or preferably reply to this post, if you'd be interested and I'll contact you from there. shelrobi46@yahoo.com

Coupon Trains 101....
A group of Individuals (2-15) who pass along their unwanted coupons to each other. Every person on the train sends the person below them on the train their unwanted coupons. They in turn take the coupons they want from the mailing, add coupons they do not want from their Sunday paper, and mail a coupon packet out to the next person down on the list. Every person on the train should receive a coupon mailing in each cycle. I will list the max # of days a coupon envie can be held and scheduled day to be send out. To start... I'd like any boarders to have at least 50 coupons(minimum) to share. All this after we get enough ppl to jump aboard. Please let me know what u think.
Magic985

That is a great idea :thumbsup2 I would love to do it but sometimes our local ads around here are slim pickins so does it need to be 50 every time? I would definately need time to save up. I know there are websites where you can only print a certain amount every week so would those count too?

I'd also be interested, let me know more details :thumbsup2

Hi-

I would love to participate in your coupon train! I live in Rochester, NY - just let me know when you're ready to start!!! :cool1:

HI
I'd like to let everyone know as of 8/1/20006 we have 5 definite riders (including myself). I'd really like to get started this week, so if everyone can get their envies together and ready for mailing by Friday, that would be SUPER! :thumbsup2 Anyone wanting to ride plz message me.

I sent most inquiring riders this but I will post again since I left one or two things out. :rolleyes: OK, the DisneyCho.....this is how it will work.....

Please be sure to understand this is strictly on the honor system and we'd like to keep "train robbers" out of our train if at all possible. OK onward....
Each participant will create an envie (envelope) with coupons. Preferably around 50 coupons are needed for an envie to get started. I will collect each "rider's" (persons participating in the train) name and address, then pass them along to all the other riders. After each rider lets me know their envie is complete and ready to go, we will essentially begin to swap envies via snail mail. Each week we will move down the list of riders and if everyone plays correctly, each rider will recieve an envie of coupons each week to select coupons from.

Now onto the rules of the train......
1. Each rider MUST start w/ an evie of 50 coupons.(We can change this if riders are having a hard time acquiring coupons) Use only coupons that have expiration dates of more than 20-30 days on them.
2. Remove ONLY the coupons you will use within 2 weeks.
3. REPLACE coupons taken.( Ex. If you remove 5 coupons from an envie, you MUST replace them with 5 similar coupons. Say you take 2 food coupons, 1 B1G1F, 2 household coupons, you must put back 5 similar coupons. Keep in mind...if u remove a $1. off single item coupon, please replace it with another discount single item coupon. This ensures the envies remain viable for all riders)
4. When a rider receives an evie, you must send the envie to the next scheduled rider within 3 days.
5. Restaurants & local store coupons are not allowed in envies.
6. Remove outdated coupons or coupons that will expire within 5 days time and please try to replace them if possible.

We'll try to keep it simple and easy, so that we get a nice selection of coupons rotating between all of the riders without too much hassle. Unfortunately if a rider makes a habit of holding envies too long, riding privileges may be revoked. We want all our riders to get their evies weekly. :hourglass I know everyone will understand. If you have any questions plz message me. :wave:
Your Conductor,
Shel

Hi riders.... we are almost ready to depart. As of today 8/1/06 we have a confirmed 7 passengers or riders including myself. :cool1: That should put us circulating approximately 350+ coupons between us. I will be pm'ing you all your envie destinations. Once we begin, please pm to let me know your envie has departed to its destination. Once you receive an envie, be sure to post.
After we've all gotten started, if you'd like you can post a "wish list" :wizard: of coupons you'd like to have. It gives all the riders an idea of what each of us are looking for or possibly using the most.
:magnify: One other note...I've been reading that alot of stores in certain states do not take internet printed coupons. If u wish to have these, please post and we can include them as "extras" in our envies. However, since we all can't benefit from them do not use them as replacements or originals.
HAPPY RIDING AND HAPPY COUPONING
Your Conductor,
:tinker:Shel

Can I get in on this still or am I too late? I was signed up on a yahoo group and it was not working out. I have tons of coupons and I just can't make myself throw them away.. (OCD of collections here (coupons, toys, clothes....lol) THANKS!

As of 8/2 we've taken 3 more riders...making a total of 9 passengers aboard this train. That puts 500 coupons circulating between us!!! :cool1:
The response from all you guys has been so very positive. I believe we will have a successful train! :flower1:
As each of you send me pm's that your envies are ready, I will reply with your envie's forwarding address destination. I'd like to have everyone post on the thread when they mail out their envie and when they recieve them.
* Also don't forget your wish lists...they can be quite helpful to other riders.

Your conductor,

As of this evening, we are a confirmed 11 riders (myself included)! :banana: That gives us 550+ coupons circulating. If everyone posts ready envies we can start.
I believe I have sent everyone their envie destinations with the exception of sunshyne1023 (I need ur zip code :confused: )

* :thanks: Thanks to all of you.....I can't wait to get started.*

Your conductor,

I'd be interested. You can put me on the list. I'll be going out of town on Sunday-Wednesday so if that interferes let me know. I'm not sure if I have 50 to start with, but I'll try.

Rachel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter