Coupon opinions needed - Big work order with Ent book

andrews_dad

DIS Veteran
I am the guy that runs for food every Friday when we eat out at work. Usually folks look at the total on the menu and give me that amount or so (sometimes I am shorted because they forget the up charge for extra sauce or tax or whatever, sometimes I get more as they give $7 for a 6.35 bill). It usually works out close to even over the course of a year. Anyhow, today I got a couple of pizzas and fries and such. I looked and saw that I had a BOGO pizza coupon from local Entertainment book. So, I used it and now have $10 in "profit" as everyone paid without knowing I had the coupon to apply. Should I be breaking a $10 to refund everyone a $1 or so, so do I just pocket it for next time I am shorted? :confused3 Thoughts?

I would create a 'kitty' and keep any extra money in it. Then it is there whenever you are short on on people's lunch money. If it never runs out than I would pick up a treat for the office - like nice coffee (not our regular office coffee...blech...)

Like the previouse poster said, I would just keep it in case you are shorted next time. Also keep in mind if you are driving to pick up lunch, that is gas and wear n tear on your car every week. If you can manage to save money each week after a few months, you could treat your coworkers to a "free" lunch one Friday.

Keep it for when you are shorted and to pay for fuel. And think about buying another Entertainment Book (you "paid" for the coupon you used also) if there are several coupons you will use. You can get reward points for buying the book thru a link on MyPoints. And those books usually get discounted later in the year...but with plenty of time to use the coupons.

I would tell everyone what you're doing... people might get a bit annoyed if they discovered after the fact that you're 'making a profit' on their lunch orders... even if you're not actually pocketing that money.

Let them know that you'll be saving it to use to pay for an entertainment book or two and to cover any shortages... maybe even to cover your gas or whatever. If you want to take some to cover your time for getting lunch, let them know that too and they'll probably be OK with it.

Personally, though, I'd just save up what you can after buying the entertainment books and maybe a bit for your gas. Leave a bit to cover any shortages, but after you get to a certain amount use it to treat everyone to a free lunch. That way they (and you) will feel like they're also getting the benefit of the coupons.

Whatever you do, though, I would definitely make sure they're aware of it because I can just see it turning out badly if someone happens to see you using a BOGO coupon a few weeks or months down the line and everyone wonders why they've been paying full price all this time.

I agree, keep it in a kitty to cover shortages and gas. You're already doing everyone a favor by picking up the orders, and couponing is not without effort either.

They would buy it anyway so the coupon is yours. Your gas and delivery charge is worth it.

They would buy it anyway so the coupon is yours. Your gas and delivery charge is worth it.

I agree. If they were worried about it they should track down coupons themselves.

If you toss the receipt, how are they going to know? (not that I think it would be doing anything wrong)

I know how it is to get shorted when you're the pick up person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter