Coupon Exchange Train~~New Riders Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have lots of helpful and friendly riders on this train with all sorts of great organizational skills. Throw out a few specific questions and I'll bet someone will come through with some tips to help. :thumbsup2
Can someone get me started with what you store your coupons in? Is one of those small plastic accordion files best, then sort by category?

For our riders who aren't familiar with All You magazine, you can buy it at Walmart and I subscribed to it through Amazon.com for about $12 a year (but I think that subscription rate has gone up). It has lots and lots of useful coupons in it. :thumbsup2
I'm not a big Walmart fan in general (long story), but my folks got me an All You subscription, and I actually really like the magazine. They always have coupons and lots of the articles are about being thrifty, including inexpensive recipes. :thumbsup2

udsweetpea- received coupons yesterday- thank you

Velrox- Mailed out coupons yesterday. may have missed the pick up. I was trying to go through udsweetpea before mailing to you.

hppy2bhome
chris

Can someone get me started with what you store your coupons in? Is one of those small plastic accordion files best, then sort by category?

I used to use one of the paper accordion type files you get at the Dollar Store. That worked for a while until it started ripping and getting beaten up. Then I found larger plasic accordion type holders on clearance at CVS so I bought four of them. They are much larger, more sturdy and hold a ton of coupons compared to the paper type. I file mine according to category. In one of them I keep mostly grocery store categories such as dairy, canned goods, frozen, snacks, beverages, meat, pasta/starches, sauces and condiments, dressings, etc. In another one I keep pet coupons, cleaning and laundry, candles, batteries, etc. In a third one I keep personal products such as toothpaste, mouthwash, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, hair spray, make up, feminine products, baby, etc. I keep one for just CVS stuff since I go there a lot. I put all my rainchecks in there and any c/o's that I know I wouldn't use anywhere but at CVS such as Aveeno. I also keep my CRT coupons in there from the red scanner, RIB coupons, my ECB's, and my CVS card.

Who else wants to share how they organize their coupons? It's always interesting getting ideas from others about what works best for them.

I have a small coupon book with sections labeled. I carry it with me everywhere cause I never know when I might need a coupon. But it is small and does limit me some. I keep all of the rebates and stuff in a folder at home.

jkCT ~ mailed out my Sunday coupons to you today...had some free time this morning while Paige was watching a little tv.

Paige's surgery went really well, the doctor was very pleased. She had a tendon cut at the base of 2 toes (1 on each foot) to, hopefully, straighten the toes out. The doctor is pretty positive that the surgery will accomplish it and no futher surgery will be needed. He was concerned that there may be a bone deformity on one of the toes that would mean a more painful surgery involving resetting/reshapping the bone in a couple of years. We are going to keep an eye on it for now but the outlook is good that she will not need that surgery. :banana::banana::banana:

Thank you for all the prayers...I know that the surgery was minor but it was pretty huge for me! :faint: She is feeling better already, I can tell because she has become her usual demandng self already. :) But I will take it. :goodvibes

jkCT ~ mailed out my Sunday coupons to you today...had some free time this morning while Paige was watching a little tv.

Paige's surgery went really well, the doctor was very pleased. She had a tendon cut at the base of 2 toes (1 on each foot) to, hopefully, straighten the toes out. The doctor is pretty positive that the surgery will accomplish it and no futher surgery will be needed. He was concerned that there may be a bone deformity on one of the toes that would mean a more painful surgery involving resetting/reshapping the bone in a couple of years. We are going to keep an eye on it for now but the outlook is good that she will not need that surgery. :banana::banana::banana:

Thank you for all the prayers...I know that the surgery was minor but it was pretty huge for me! :faint: She is feeling better already, I can tell because she has become her usual demandng self already. :) But I will take it. :goodvibes

:flower3: :hug: Glad to hear she's doing well and that the dr. thinks this will solve the problem. :thumbsup2 for princess: Paige!

Glad that Paige and mommy are both feeling better!!

I got the envie in Saturday's mail. But we forgot to get the mail, so I didn't get the surprise until Monday.
Thank you.

I bought an index card box (standard size, not the large one), along with A to Z index card tabs. I DON'T use the A to Z side --- instead, I just turn them around and write my categories on them.

I used to use a coupon holder, then an accordian holder, but they weren't very convenient. With my index card box, I just set it on the seat of the shopping cart and open it up and it stays open. Then, as I'm going through my list and shopping, I can easily pull out the coupons I'm going to use. I also have a large paper clip attached to the first divider so I can attach my "today's coupons" to it as I pull them out.

Another advantage to my "coupon box" is that I can keep my small, coupon cutting scissors in there, as well as my pen. I keep a heavy rubberband around the box when not in use because, even though it snaps shut, it could still open if it tips over or something
It's a great system and has worked wonderfully for me for years. Other shoppers have even commented on it and how organized it is --- even husbands have pointed it out to their wives. LOL!

One warning, though, DON'T buy the index card box that's clear on the bottom and red (or another color) on top. Those are VERY hard to open. Just buy a plain old index card box (or file?) at Staples or a similar store.

Glad surgery went well and Paige is doing good. :cool1: Glad Paige's mommy feels better also.:hug:

A sick hubby, a car that died and thought it was the alternator (but ended up just being the battery) and a sick pumpkinfish later....I am back in the loop with everything! Envies went out Monday jacobsmom00 9there should be two...DH put them together for me. He also re-organized my coupons :thumbsup2). He pulled out the ones for...."special time lube" and wondered why I needed those coupons :rotfl2:. Then he refused to send them on to jacobsmom00! ROFL (he was too embarrassed!).

Anyways, just catching ya'll up. Oh, if you know a way to stop dogs from eating tomatoes off the plant, PLEASE let me know! :dogdance::scared1:

A sick hubby, a car that died and thought it was the alternator (but ended up just being the battery) and a sick pumpkinfish later....I am back in the loop with everything! Envies went out Monday jacobsmom00 9there should be two...DH put them together for me. He also re-organized my coupons :thumbsup2). He pulled out the ones for...."special time lube" and wondered why I needed those coupons :rotfl2:. Then he refused to send them on to jacobsmom00! ROFL (he was too embarrassed!).

Anyways, just catching ya'll up. Oh, if you know a way to stop dogs from eating tomatoes off the plant, PLEASE let me know! :dogdance::scared1:

Good to see your post! :yay: I was starting to worry about both you and Jacobsmom00 since I hadn't seen anything from either one of you for a while. :confused3 Have you heard anything from her?

We didn't have dogs eating our tomatoes, but we did have deer eating them. :rolleyes: Last year they ate not only the tomatoes but the plants down to nothing. :headache: I didn't want that to happen again, so DH put not only a fence around the tomatoes but a fence on top to make a roof so the Bambis Inc. couldn't reach over and devour my tomatoes. Now he complains that he has to take a step ladder to the garden every time I ask if he will pick the tomatoes but I keep telling him at least the deer aren't chowing them down! Can you put a fence around them?

Glad to hear you're all feeling better. Now we need to find out what's happened to Jacobsmom00! :confused3

Good to see your post! :yay: I was starting to worry about both you and Jacobsmom00 since I hadn't seen anything from either one of you for a while. :confused3 Have you heard anything from her?

We didn't have dogs eating our tomatoes, but we did have deer eating them. :rolleyes: Last year they ate not only the tomatoes but the plants down to nothing. :headache: I didn't want that to happen again, so DH put not only a fence around the tomatoes but a fence on top to make a roof so the Bambis Inc. couldn't reach over and devour my tomatoes. Now he complains that he has to take a step ladder to the garden every time I ask if he will pick the tomatoes but I keep telling him at least the deer aren't chowing them down! Can you put a fence around them?

Glad to hear you're all feeling better. Now we need to find out what's happened to Jacobsmom00! :confused3

I haven't heard from her but I do know she has a BUSY summer lined up (with school out).
So funny about Bambis Inc! rofl, can't put up a fence (maybe next year as my plants are too far grown to start that) but I am thinking I'll put up netting! Thanks for helping me with that idea though :thumbsup2.

Couturier,

Your envelope arrived here Monday but I was out of town Sun-yesterday so I couldn't post. Thanks for the great envelope!

RangerPooh, your envelope went out on our way out on Sunday so you should hopefully have it today.

Gretchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter