• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

couples villa

Ccann

Mouseketeer
I tried to search for this topic and the ones I have found/read their questions did not get answered...

Is the couples villas worth the money? I am thinking about booking one but if the experience isnt worth 400+ dollars I will find something else for my DH and I.

What were some of the likes and dislikes...?

I tried to search for this topic and the ones I have found/read their questions did not get answered...

Is the couples villas worth the money? I am thinking about booking one but if the experience isnt worth 400+ dollars I will find something else for my DH and I.

What were some of the likes and dislikes...?

Never heard of villas with DCL.....do you perhaps been a Cabana on Castaway Cay? Or a massage on Castaway Cay in one of the huts?

MJ

Scratch that.....I see what you are talking about (Google search)....spa treatments on the newer ships......sorry can't help as we are not spa fans.

MJ

I love them - but only worth it if you get a time where you are sea! The first time we booked it, we didn't think ahead, so we were sitting in port, sitting in a hot tub, staring at another ship . . .

dizney-cruiser said:
I love them - but only worth it if you get a time where you are sea! The first time we booked it, we didn't think ahead, so we were sitting in port, sitting in a hot tub, staring at another ship . . .

Thank you, what a great point...

We did it on our first cruise on the Wonder. It was great to have the privacy, definitely book a sea day. The snack in the lounger on the veranda was so relaxing. It was pricey, but it was a great afternoon!

We love it! With 4 kids, we don't get a lot of alone time so it was the perfect way to reconnect and relax. Definitely get an at sea time.

Scratch that.....I see what you are talking about (Google search)....spa treatments on the newer ships......sorry can't help as we are not spa fans.

MJ

The couples' spa villas are on all four ships, not just the new ones. We've done a villa twice on the Wonder.

OP, yes, I think it's worth it if you have the money set aside. In addition to the treatments, you get a private jacuzzi on a verandah, a foot bath, tea ceremony and fruit, and a pretty fantastic Roman bed to lounge and cuddle on.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

Definitely a pricey spa treatment. My husband and I did the Couple's Villa spa treatment in May on the Wonder during for our honeymoon. Since it was our honeymoon we wanted to splurge and spoil ourselves.

It was a very relaxing time for the both of us. Nice private time for just you and your honey!

First they will take you both into a private massage room that has a balcony with a huge jacuzzi and two person chaise lounger. The two therapists will perform a foot scrub on both of you and let you choose a treatment to put into the jacuzzi. They will leave the room and you will do a 30 minute soak in the jacuzzi. After that they will ask you to each lie down on one of the two massage tables and do your choice or combo of massage treatments. After your massage they will take you back out onto the balcony where you can relax on the chaise lounger. They will return with tea and some fruit for you to enjoy.

After all that wonderfulness comes the part we all dread. They take you back into the room and have you sit on the massage tables while they talk about all the products they used on you and if you were interested in purchasing them.

Like everyone else said it is definitely more enjoyable on a sea day where you can overlook the ocean.

Enjoy!

Definitely a pricey spa treatment. My husband and I did the Couple's Villa spa treatment in May on the Wonder during for our honeymoon. Since it was our honeymoon we wanted to splurge and spoil ourselves.

It was a very relaxing time for the both of us. Nice private time for just you and your honey!

First they will take you both into a private massage room that has a balcony with a huge jacuzzi and two person chaise lounger. The two therapists will perform a foot scrub on both of you and let you choose a treatment to put into the jacuzzi. They will leave the room and you will do a 30 minute soak in the jacuzzi. After that they will ask you to each lie down on one of the two massage tables and do your choice or combo of massage treatments. After your massage they will take you back out onto the balcony where you can relax on the chaise lounger. They will return with tea and some fruit for you to enjoy.

After all that wonderfulness comes the part we all dread. They take you back into the room and have you sit on the massage tables while they talk about all the products they used on you and if you were interested in purchasing them.

Like everyone else said it is definitely more enjoyable on a sea day where you can overlook the ocean.

Enjoy!

So since everyone is recommending an at sea day, is it hard to get them?? How many times do they have per day? Do they book up fast? We're going on a 7 day Eastern and are considering booking one. Sorry for all the questions!!! :confused3

My DH and I got the treatment on the Magic. It was wonderful. DH wants to do it again, but only if we can't book a regular cabana for Castaway Cay (I know they are hard to get, but we can only splurge on one thing). For me though, since Ive already done that, I dont want to spend the money on it again. We did ours on a sea day. We were lucky enough to see a couple of dolphins!!! And we didn't get the "buy our product" talk. I'd be pissed if that talk ate into our allotted time though. We probably will just do a regular couples massage (for a lot less) and then hang in the Rainforest together. We sail in December!!!

We are fortunate to have experienced the couple's villa on both the classic and new ships. We enjoyed our time on the classic ships but the experience on the Fantasy was simply amazing! The villa was MUCH nicer on the Fantasy - the verandah was spacious and the enclosed shower area was so much more private. The experience on the Fantasy was pure bliss - I would do that agin in a heartbeat. The experience on the classic ships was very good but not to the same level of luxury. Mostly because it was more cramped and a bit dated. i hope that the Magic's refurbishment will elevate the classic ship experience. That being said, you can't go wrong with a couple of hours of quiet adults time anywhere.

My DH and I got the treatment on the Magic. It was wonderful. DH wants to do it again, but only if we can't book a regular cabana for Castaway Cay (I know they are hard to get, but we can only splurge on one thing). For me though, since Ive already done that, I dont want to spend the money on it again. We did ours on a sea day. We were lucky enough to see a couple of dolphins!!! And we didn't get the "buy our product" talk. I'd be pissed if that talk ate into our allotted time though. We probably will just do a regular couples massage (for a lot less) and then hang in the Rainforest together. We sail in December!!!

Funny we traded the Cabana at CC this year vs the Couples Spa... They're both fabuuuulous! Now we have to pick which is more important for next year! :{

I had a massage and facial on the Dream on our last cruise, and got the product sales pitch, too. There was a lot of pressure. When I said that I didn't have time to take a daily 20 or 25 minute detox soak because I had a 4 month old baby, I truly felt like they acted judgy like I didn't care for my health. I felt more pressure to buy products at Senses than I have felt at a timeshare pitch. And I paid hundreds of dollars for this. The spa treatments were good, no big complaints there, but I could actually feel myself tensing up during the sales pitch. It kind-of ruined the relaxed vibe I had going after my massage. I tipped appropriately for my charges, but I would probably have been even more generous without the hard sell. No thank you means no thank you.

I did the couples villa in December 2011. First it was absolutely AMAZING. It is a bit pricey but it is well worth the money. I pre-plan for my favorites on the cruise (i.e. Bingo and 2 Spa Treatments). In all the treatments I've had I have never been haggled at the end of my treatments. Guess I am one of the lucky ones.

I agree must be a day at sea. My husband and I have done them for 3 cruises now. The couples choice ( think it may be called something else for new ships...not schedule to sail the first new ship until 8/2014). I think our favorite was the evening one. Decided to skip dinner and eat at pirate night buffet. Loved it the villa and the view. However if you think it may not be worth it, the rain forest is also one of my favorite spot.

lovetocruiseDCL said:
I had a massage and facial on the Dream on our last cruise, and got the product sales pitch, too. There was a lot of pressure. When I said that I didn't have time to take a daily 20 or 25 minute detox soak because I had a 4 month old baby, I truly felt like they acted judgy like I didn't care for my health. I felt more pressure to buy products at Senses than I have felt at a timeshare pitch. And I paid hundreds of dollars for this. The spa treatments were good, no big complaints there, but I could actually feel myself tensing up during the sales pitch. It kind-of ruined the relaxed vibe I had going after my massage. I tipped appropriately for my charges, but I would probably have been even more generous without the hard sell. No thank you means no thank you.

Usually they ask if you ever had this done before...I gladly let them know then that I do this every time I sail and I enjoy it each time and I will not be interested in any products. Just here for the pampering. They usually laugh or reply they understand and at the end I get no sale pitch. But do remember my first time being that way.

Hi everyone -

So my fiance and I will be sailing on the Dream for our Honeymoon. Right now, we have a cabana reserved on Serenity Bay on Castaway Cay. If you had to choose would you keep the cabana or do the Villa on board instead? We can afford to splurge on one but not both. Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter