Couples Trip!!!

Warriorfish5392

Mouseketeer
Hello all!!!

My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Disney as adults later this year. We have been watching what seems like all the YouTube videos to get us prepared to our trip. We are new DVC Owners at Animal Kingdom and have spent many years researching this magical place and cant wait for our Welcome Home trip. Any suggestions on date night dinners or just cool places to see and experience while at the parks. I am looking forward to drinking around the world at Epcot, and checking out all of the shopping and restaurants at Disney Springs. What are some of your favorite spots to go? I have not been to Disney since I was a kid back in the early 2000's and I know a lot has changed since that time. I think I am looking most forward to being back in the bubble, riding some of my favorites like Tower of Terror, and the Haunted Mansion, and getting to experience new ones like Guardians!! Thank you all in advance!!

I like to offer up Morimoto Asia for date nights in Springs. The metro feel makes it a great place to get dressy if you want to, but also would feel just as comfortable in your park clothes. I'd still suggest dressing up, though. You want your vibe to match the restaurants vibe. There are so many different flavors and price points on the menu, even less adventurous eaters should be able to find something filling.

I like to offer up Morimoto Asia for date nights in Springs. The metro feel makes it a great place to get dressy if you want to, but also would feel just as comfortable in your park clothes. I'd still suggest dressing up, though. You want your vibe to match the restaurants vibe. There are so many different flavors and price points on the menu, even less adventurous eaters should be able to find something filling.
I have watched reviews of Morimoto Asia and it looks amazing!! I would probably dress up a bit just to feel comfortable being out and about on vacation. Thanks for the recommendation!!

Fun! My husband and I are just getting ready for our first empty nest trip to Disney (although we've been tons with the kids)- will you be there during the fall? If so, definitely plan on Food & Wine- it's our favorite, and the reason we planned our trip when we did (since it always interfered with the kids school schedule). I second the above recommendations for Morimoto, Jiko and Homecomin' (haven't been to the others). We also really love Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom (it's the bar attached to Tiffins- which is probably really good also, we haven't eaten there), if you're in the mood for drinks and light eats, and you can usually get a table there without a long wait. Will you be staying at AKL? It's our favorite (we own there also). They have lots of fun activities for animal viewing, campfire stories, and culinary tours of the restaurants where you can sample some of the food (at least they did pre-pandemic, but I would recommend at least looking for it on the daily activities sheets). You can also spend a lot of time looking at the art in the Lodge- it's beautiful! My husband and I are looking forward to a couples massage, which we've never done on property before. We're also hoping to try Wine Bar George, which we've never done, but it's been recommended.

Fun! My husband and I are just getting ready for our first empty nest trip to Disney (although we've been tons with the kids)- will you be there during the fall? If so, definitely plan on Food & Wine- it's our favorite, and the reason we planned our trip when we did (since it always interfered with the kids school schedule). I second the above recommendations for Morimoto, Jiko and Homecomin' (haven't been to the others). We also really love Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom (it's the bar attached to Tiffins- which is probably really good also, we haven't eaten there), if you're in the mood for drinks and light eats, and you can usually get a table there without a long wait. Will you be staying at AKL? It's our favorite (we own there also). They have lots of fun activities for animal viewing, campfire stories, and culinary tours of the restaurants where you can sample some of the food (at least they did pre-pandemic, but I would recommend at least looking for it on the daily activities sheets). You can also spend a lot of time looking at the art in the Lodge- it's beautiful! My husband and I are looking forward to a couples massage, which we've never done on property before. We're also hoping to try Wine Bar George, which we've never done, but it's been recommended.
We are waiting for out DVC points to load into our account before we can book a room, I am hoping that AKL will have availability but I know the booking will be last minutes because we have points that expire so we have to go before December. Looking at end of Aug early Sept. So I hope to check out food and wine!! Thank you for all the advice. I know this resort had a ton of things to do I am hoping that they will be open. I will have to check and see if I could find a colander of activities. I am super excited for all of the art work. Wine Bar George has been on my list for a while, everything looks amazing. Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Did you buy your contract direct from Disney? I've heard that if you book online they may be able to pull some strings for you, to get you the room that you want. Otherwise, last minute can sometime be a bit tricky. If you're willing to be flexible, and consider split stays, and can do studio or 1 BR you can usually find what you need (We love split stays- get to see more resorts that way!)

Did you buy your contract direct from Disney? I've heard that if you book online they may be able to pull some strings for you, to get you the room that you want. Otherwise, last minute can sometime be a bit tricky. If you're willing to be flexible, and consider split stays, and can do studio or 1 BR you can usually find what you need (We love split stays- get to see more resorts that way!)
We did buy resale. We would not mind split stays, and we were planning on doing studios with only the two of us. I know people have said get ready to stay at Saratoga, and that's completely fine, I just want a room lol. Thanks for the info!!

I personally love a late afternoon cocktail at Enchanted Rose at GF. And inside at Trader Sam's! The wait can be lengthy, but it's worth it for the ambiance. Agree with the above poster about Nomad lounge -- it's my go-to spot in AK. For MK food, I wholeheartedly love Skipper Canteen and find it very consistent. Not super date-nighty but tasty nonetheless.

In Epcot, don't sleep on La Cava del Tequila, and I like to stock up on snacks and drinks and head to the back of the Morocco pavilion for a breather. Prepare for long lines during F&W by doing WS when the kiosks open at 11AM. If you're into resort hopping, the Dahlia Lounge atop the Coronado Springs tower is lovely and has phenomenal views. Topolino's has a bar with a terrace, which is nice, but for some reason I liked the views better at CS.

Re GOTG: the 1PM VQ is substantially easier to get a boarding group for (I got a BG just before 2PM and was called back at 7:41PM). If you're there over a Monday for deluxe EMH, you can get a 7AM or 1PM and 6PM.

Re resale points, if you see your contract on your account but no points yet, ask nicely in the chat when your points will be loaded and usually they'll load them for you :) That's what I did in January. Good luck!

I personally love a late afternoon cocktail at Enchanted Rose at GF. And inside at Trader Sam's! The wait can be lengthy, but it's worth it for the ambiance. Agree with the above poster about Nomad lounge -- it's my go-to spot in AK. For MK food, I wholeheartedly love Skipper Canteen and find it very consistent. Not super date-nighty but tasty nonetheless.

In Epcot, don't sleep on La Cava del Tequila, and I like to stock up on snacks and drinks and head to the back of the Morocco pavilion for a breather. Prepare for long lines during F&W by doing WS when the kiosks open at 11AM. If you're into resort hopping, the Dahlia Lounge atop the Coronado Springs tower is lovely and has phenomenal views. Topolino's has a bar with a terrace, which is nice, but for some reason I liked the views better at CS.

Re GOTG: the 1PM VQ is substantially easier to get a boarding group for (I got a BG just before 2PM and was called back at 7:41PM). If you're there over a Monday for deluxe EMH, you can get a 7AM or 1PM and 6PM.

Re resale points, if you see your contract on your account but no points yet, ask nicely in the chat when your points will be loaded and usually they'll load them for you :) That's what I did in January. Good luck!
Thanks for the info!! Will take notes of this. I have wanted to see Trader Sam's for the longest time so the wait is no concern for me!! I am very excited about going around to the resorts and trying some drinks!!

Btw, if it seems like an age and no points loaded, chat or call and ask if they can do that.

We just bought a resale around 3 months ago and waited over a month with no points showing.

MS loaded them via chat within mere minutes. Sometimes, they need a wee nudge.

Hello all!!!

My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Disney as adults later this year. We have been watching what seems like all the YouTube videos to get us prepared to our trip. We are new DVC Owners at Animal Kingdom and have spent many years researching this magical place and cant wait for our Welcome Home trip. Any suggestions on date night dinners or just cool places to see and experience while at the parks. I am looking forward to drinking around the world at Epcot, and checking out all of the shopping and restaurants at Disney Springs. What are some of your favorite spots to go? I have not been to Disney since I was a kid back in the early 2000's and I know a lot has changed since that time. I think I am looking most forward to being back in the bubble, riding some of my favorites like Tower of Terror, and the Haunted Mansion, and getting to experience new ones like Guardians!! Thank you all in advance!!
Welcome Home :) The cool thing about couples trip is you can do what you want to do and not do. When you get to a place, and decide nah too crowded or I don't want to wait over 20 min in line, you can leave. You can take your time shopping, sitting, people watching etc. We make it as stress free as possible. We've also toured the various DVC resorts. Although, this can be dangerous because you would want to add more points. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy.

Btw, if it seems like an age and no points loaded, chat or call and ask if they can do that.

We just bought a resale around 3 months ago and waited over a month with no points showing.

MS loaded them via chat within mere minutes. Sometimes, they need a wee nudge.
That is my plan once we get our member log in info

Favorite thing I've ever done at Disney is the La Cava Experience in Epcot. It's a tequila tasting class inside the Mexico pavilion.

Great restaurants for adults that I've done are Jaleo, Steakhouse 71, Hollywood Brown Derby, Il Mulino, and Chefs de France.

Trader Sam's is a really fun bar, get there early and request to be inside, even if it's a longer wait. Oga's Cantina is really fun if you like Star Wars.

Favorite thing I've ever done at Disney is the La Cava Experience in Epcot. It's a tequila tasting class inside the Mexico pavilion.

Great restaurants for adults that I've done are Jaleo, Steakhouse 71, Hollywood Brown Derby, Il Mulino, and Chefs de France.

Trader Sam's is a really fun bar, get there early and request to be inside, even if it's a longer wait. Oga's Cantina is really fun if you like Star Wars.
Awesome thank you for the suggestions!!

Welcome Home :) The cool thing about couples trip is you can do what you want to do and not do. When you get to a place, and decide nah too crowded or I don't want to wait over 20 min in line, you can leave. You can take your time shopping, sitting, people watching etc. We make it as stress free as possible. We've also toured the various DVC resorts. Although, this can be dangerous because you would want to add more points. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy.
Thank you!! You are right! We will go with the flow and still have a great time. I am looking forward to exploring the resorts and I’m sure the addonitis will take hold!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter