• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Couples Choice" - Spa Treatment on Wonder

mgmcpa

Disneyland Lover
We're going to Alaska in two weeks and I currently have my DH and I booked for the Stone Therapy massages one day one after another (not a couple's booking).

I see that a few times for "Couples Choice" have opened up during a time on our cruise that we could do and we could get the same Stone Therapy treatments in that package.

My question is ... what extra benefits do we get by booking this as "Couples Choice" ... the photos make it look like we get some sort of private spa room with a hot tub? If so, how much time do you get this? And, do they give us both the massage at the same time or would we still get them one after another?

Trying to decide whether it's worth the extra money to drop our current individual reservations and get the couple's version or not.

We're going to Alaska in two weeks and I currently have my DH and I booked for the Stone Therapy massages one day one after another (not a couple's booking).

I see that a few times for "Couples Choice" have opened up during a time on our cruise that we could do and we could get the same Stone Therapy treatments in that package.

My question is ... what extra benefits do we get by booking this as "Couples Choice" ... the photos make it look like we get some sort of private spa room with a hot tub? If so, how much time do you get this? And, do they give us both the massage at the same time or would we still get them one after another?

Trying to decide whether it's worth the extra money to drop our current individual reservations and get the couple's version or not.

We just did this on the Dream and we loved it.

Yes, you are in a private area, just the two of you with a hot tub and a double lounger. You get a foot wash and then your 75 minute massage. It was, oh, so heavenly!!!!! And, yes, you get the massage together.

My DH & I have done this a couple of times and love it and neither of us are 'spa people'. We've usually been in the room for a total of 2 hours or just a little more. We've been given a choice of any treatments we wanted, including a mini facial along with the massage or whatever else we've chosen. That's entirely up to the therapists if they will do this for you or not.

From DCL's website:

Decadent Spa Villas Treatments are offered in Mediterranean-inspired suites with open-air verandahs located at the Vista Spa & Salon on Deck 9, Forward of the Disney Wonder and the Disney Magic. It's a delightfully tranquil oasis to discover without ever leaving the ship. Experience the ultimate in indulgence—hours of soothing spa treatments, lavish therapies and relaxation rituals. There is a wide range of spa packages for both individuals and couples to enjoy. Pricing information for each treatment is available at the time of your reservation.

Amenities at the Spa Villas include:
Spa treatment rooms
Couples massages
Private verandah
Personal whirlpool
Open air shower
Roman bed with canopy
Tea Ceremony
Foot Cleansing Ceremony
Feel like royalty atop a canopied Roman bed amidst breathtaking ocean vistas and warm tropical breezes as tensions melt away, or relax in a soothing whirlpool as the bubbles caress your body. Treatments at the splendid Spa Villas range from 105-minute individual sessions to ultra-decadent 155-minute sessions for couples.

Included with every reservation are:
Tea ceremony
Bathing ritual of your choice
Foot cleansing ceremony
For an extra fee, you can customize your private session by ordering a bottle of champagne, strawberries and additional treatments—for a tailor-made experience just for you or a loved one.

Treatment Offerings
Be sure to reserve your space. Many of our world-class Vista Spa Villas Treatments may be booked in advance using the Planning Center, or at the Vista Spa Villas onboard the Disney Wonder. Select Villas for One to truly treat yourself or Villas for Two to share the pleasures with a partner.

We have done it on both the Wonder and the Dream. We loved both. For us, it is definitely worth the extra money.

We have done this on both the Magic and the Dream, and are doing it again this September. It is a great experience!

We did in on the wonder & magic. I LOVED it. Hot tub for a while, stone massages, longer time with strawberries and champagne or fruit. We both liked this way more than cabana massages on CC.

This is sounding well worth it!

To clarify, do you go in, get a feet washing, then have time alone in the hot tub to relax, then they come back in to do the massage treatment ? or do they do everything, then leave you to relax and enjoy the tub and lounger until your time is up?

Either way it will rock (pun intended, we're doing the stone treatment), but want to get my expectations set properly!

They will take you into the couple's villa, discuss the treatment options and let you decide which treatment(s) you want. Then they take you out to the verandah, wash your feet, and then they leave so you have private time in the hot tub. They will give you a warning knock so you know when it is time to get out of the hot tub. Then they will come back out to get you and take you in for your treatments. After the treatments you go back out onto the verandah for tea and fruit while you relax on the double lounger.

Thanks everyone!

Just got back and did our Couple's Choice on the Wonder in Alaska on Tracy Arm day. Learned that they only put approx 30% of the spa reservation times available on-line, so when we got on the ship we went and moved our reservation time to 11am on Tracy Arm day. Highly recommend, as you watch the ice burgs float by the windows during your relaxation time at the end.

It was great ... they came in, did a foot rub, then left us in the patio with privacy to enjoy the hot tub in the nude. :) They knock on the glass after about 20 minutes so you can get out, robe up, shower off if you like, and are ready to go into the tables for your treatment of choice (we both did the stone massage). After that, we then had another 20-30 minutes out on the patio in privacy again (we stayed robed) on the couple's lounge chair eating fruit and drinking tea.

It was expensive, but it was a special way for us to celebrate our anniversary and is worth the splurge if you are looking for something.

Only bad thing, the spa is on Deck 9 and the Basketball court is on Deck 10 ... some architect should be fired for that decision.

We are thinking about do this on our upcoming cruise. Neither one of us has had a message done, what should we wear? Swim wear? Gym shorts? any ideas?

We were thinking of doing the couples massage too! Reading all the responses, I think we have made our decision. Sounds totally worth the money! Hope there are still slots available!!

What to wear ... NOTHING

When you go in the locker room (in your normal clothes), there are robes waiting for you. Just slip that on and that's all you need. Like most massage experiences, you'll be under a sheet on the tables, so only your partner will ever see you naked.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter