Couple questions for newbie's...

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by twinmom2bg2, Sep 10, 2012.

1. twinmom2bg2

twinmom2bg2 Earning My Ears

There are 9 of us going 4 moms and 5 kids - do you think it would be worth it to get the $10 early check-in from Southwest so we can all sit together?

How far away is a walmart or grocery store? We were thinking of taking a taxi to walmart or grocery store to get some snacks and alcoholic drinks for the moms but not sure how close a place is. We are staying at Animal Kingdom.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sam_gordon

sam_gordon DIS Veteran

Unless the kids are teens, I'd say "yes".

Google "Grocery near Animal Kingdom Lodge". There's a publix & super target about 4miles away (less than 2 miles using a short cut, but I don't know if taxis can use that road). Winn Dixie is less than 3 miles.

4. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

One reason to use ECBI would be that you probably won't be near a computer to check-in 24 hours before your return flight.

5. 1stvisit0909

1stvisit0909 DIS Veteran

You can if you have a smartphone and the app :) just giving another option :surfweb:

6. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

You can also get that stuff at one of the 3 Hess stations on property.

There is one near the boardwalk, one near DTD and one somewhat near the TTC but I don't think there is anyway to walk there.

7. dsneprincess

dsneprincess DIS Veteran

If someone has a smart phone or a trustworthy person at home to do check-in at the 24 hour mark, I probably wouldn't bother. If you are A or B boarding, you will get at least 2 & most likely 3 seats together in the aircraft (more likely in back). It will be difficult to get 9 seats together, but can probably get groups of 3. $180 is a lot of money to spend on seats when you don't "have" to. JMO

I think the Hess stations are pretty convenient to walk to, esp. at DTD. Have fun