• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Couple of Questions

4luvofthemouse

Mouseketeer
We are heading down to Disney in 4 days for our PS!!:cheer2:
I have everything together that I need (I think)
But I have a few questions.

I'm thinking about changing my colors.
Has anyone had/going to have black bridesmaid dresses for a afternoon wedding?
I found some dresses that I really like but they are only available in black.
I was thinking black dresses with white bouquets. :scratchin:

Also I finally found my dress, but i don't know now. I really like it but it doesn't bustle. It has a semi-cathedral train & I really don't want to walk around all night with that dragging behind me. Did anyone else have a dress that didn't bustle? If so did you find it too hard to handle?

I'm only 4mths out so I'm kinda in a crunch to find a new one, especially when it took me 9mths to find this one!:rotfl:
Any opinions/experiences would be great!

I don't think there is any problems with your girls wearing black dresses in the afternoon, matter of fact, I think it is rather common.

Hmmm, not sure about the bustle... is there a reason that it doesn't bustle? Will it just not look right? I think if it can at all be bustled paying to have a custom bustle by a seamstress would be more cost effect and less time consuming than buying another dress. I would worry with only 4 months to go and buying a new dress - I personally think that will cause you a lot of unneeded stress. GL with whatever you decide.

Good news. ANY halfway decent tailor can can PUT a bustle on your dress. I'm almost 98% positive.

My girls are wearing black dresses and our wedding is at 2:30. We have the guys wearing tuxes, too, so we are breaking a lot of rules. ;)

I'm having an afternoon wedding (2:30 at SBP) and I was talking to one of my bridesmaids last night as she was cutting my hair (she's also my hairdresser, lol... free updos for the wedding :banana: ) and I think I've decided to just go shopping with my girls and they can pick out some dresses from a department store. In Black. As long as they are the same color and same material (or look okay together) then I think that will be fine. Then it will be something that they can wear again and it'll probably be less expensive then the chintzy bridesmaid dresses that cost too much and really aren't ever rewearable, no matter how much they claim to be. So I say go for it; I think black is very chic! This also makes it easy for me to not have to worry about what DF is wearing b/c he still hasn't decided and idk if he's going to go with a zoot suit or some crazy, off-the-wall color. So, we'll see!

And I think everyone is right, a seamstress should be able to create a bustle no problem. Mine is for me!

HTH

Most dresses don't come witht he bustle built in -- a semastress has to put one in for you. There's two types of bustles either French or American. If you find a good seamstress they'll know which kind of bustle to use. A friend of mine had a semi-cathedral length train and she had a bustle so it is totally doable! (I know it is cause I'm one of the ones who got to help bustle it after the ceremony!). As for the black dresses as long as they aren't floor length then they'd look fine in the afternoon. Just have your girls wear some fun accessories with some sparkle on them!

I agrere most dresses do not come with a bustle. I had a french bustle added to mine which is complicated and expensive but you can have a simple bustle with a button put on for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter