• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Country Inn & Suites - Calypso Cay

bigmama67

DIS Veteran
I just booked this for 11/30, our "extra" night after the timeshare week. It sounds great. Anyone have experience there? They have a cool sounding pool with a waterslide, and a free breakfast.

Thanks for any input.

I am curious too. I remember hearing a lot about this place a few years back, but I haven't heard much about it lately.

We have a timeshare at Calypso Cay...It is great...Great location and cool pool...They are building a new pool adventure area for timeshare owners only...if you have a chance take the timeshare tour...you may get free tickets to the disney parks, and the villas are really nice...but the pool for all the hotels is very nice too, with waterslides and fish-spitting water statues...Great place to stay

We stayed here for a few days last summer. We thought it was VERY NICE - room was very clean, pool area was really nice, and the hotel is not that far from Disney!!! The breakfast bar was OK (just a typical buffet), but it was a little crowded around the one toaster oven. Service was fine, we had no problems at all at this hotel, and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!!!

Last summer, I got the 1 bedroom suite for $59/night! Great deal!!!!!

Anyone notice anything about pets being here? Webiste says they are pet friendly.

My husband and I stayed there. It was fine. It's across from the new Super Walmart (not so new anymore). Publix (grocery store) and Target are around the corner hwy 535 and 192:)

DH and I and our two kids (boy then 7, girl turning 10) stayed there last fall. As the others have said, it was fine. We got a "kidsuite" which included a small alcove room for the kids with bunkbeds and their own TV. The room also had a small frig and microwave - we made popcorn one day.

Kids loved the themed pool, it got crowded at times but we were there during a heat wave. The "quiet" pool was always quiet.

No complaints about the breakfast, the earlier you can head down the better.

We did see 2 or 3 well-behaved dogs on leashes. Two cats hung around the outside eating area, seemed like on-site pets.

It is VERY close to Disney if you use the 535 entrance, also convenient to WalMart, Target and all those restaurants on 192. We liked it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter