Counter Services

cathyshos

Shos loves Disney
My husband and I and our 11.5 month old will be going in may. we are on the dining plan. can i have your opinions on counter services? based on our faves from our previous trips i want to do in mk: columbian harbor house; epcot: rose and crown fish and chips, hollywood studios: back lot express, animal kingdom: i don't know. any suggestions? also, any suggestions on good snacks? ones that you get bang for your buck with? thanks!

Pizza Planet at DHS. Not the best pizza ever, but the kids like it and it has a Toy Story theme. Flame Tree BBQ at AK. The food is just really good. Sunshine Seasons in Epcot (in the Soarin' building) lot's of choices, not your usual burgers and nuggets. Casey's Corner in MK. Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD. The food is AWESOME.

Best CS hands down is WPE. Great for Breakfast, lunch or dinner and a great value. We also like Yakatori in Japan (kids like it); Sommerfest in Germany, the Boardwalk Bakery (great sandwiches and desserts) and the Main Street Bakery. For snacks, there are so many good ones. My fave is the chocolate caramel turtle at Goofy's (also at some of the other candy shops). ALso love the milkshake at Seashore Sweets. Good value on the DDP.

I second Sunshine Seasons. Amazing food in there :)

Also you mentioned snacks, well, I've many a time attempted a cupcake from Starring Rolls in MGM (also a great CS, beautiful sandwiches) and never been able to finish. They're delicious and HUGE. You might not want to head straight onto ToT straight after one though :laughing:

Cosmic Rays in MK is a great place for quite a few options. they have the three counters for ordering .....I like the soup and sandwich combo, and if we were hungry we liked the chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. Some of the items come with apple sauce and or grapes ....they have burgers and chicken fingers as well as wraps.....this to me is a great cs place

Pizza Planet at DHS. Not the best pizza ever, but the kids like it and it has a Toy Story theme. Flame Tree BBQ at AK. The food is just really good. Sunshine Seasons in Epcot (in the Soarin' building) lot's of choices, not your usual burgers and nuggets. Casey's Corner in MK. Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD. The food is AWESOME.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly! I also like Starring Rolls in DHS and Pecos Bills in MK.

MK....Pecos Bills and Cosmic Rays
AK...Pizzafari and Flame Tree
Epcot...Sunshine Seasons
DHS....don't really like anything here especially but we have had OK meals at ABC Commissary.....last trip we went to SciFi for lunch and really enjoyed it.
DTD....Earl of Sandwich and WPE....these we can not miss.

Everyone already covered many great suggestions, but since OP did not have an AK preference yet, I wanted to put in another vote for Flame Tree BBQ!! We like the food, and it's not too crowded if you eat lunch early (11:15 or so.) What we like the most is the peaceful seating area behind Flame Tree - we follow the paths and get a table out of the way by the water. It's a great break with little ones, and one of our favorite quiet spots in the park!

I agree with Cosmic Ray's for CS in the MK. Sonny Eclipse was very entertaining for my 1 year old to watch. They also have a very good selection of choices. Sandwiches, chicken, ribs, burgers and hot dogs. The chicken and ribs plate is one of the best CS deals in my opinion, it's definitely large enough to share as well.

We tried Flame Tree BBQ this year for the first time. While I was pretty excited to try the fruit plate they offer, I was a little more than reluctant to eat at the actual location. We had the intentions of just picking up my plate and bringing it to Pizzafari, that didn't happen. We ended up just eating at Flame Tree BBQ. While the food was very good for everyone, the birds scared the you know what out of me. I didn't mind the ducks so much, but some of the other birds scared me! They don't have any fear of people and seemed pretty aggressive at times. I don't think I will ever eat there again. I'd just get my fruit plate to go.

Sunshine Seasons is a great choice! Lots to choose from and not your ordinary burgers, chicken nuggets and pizza. The desserts are also very good! Especially, the strawberry shortcake. Yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter