• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Counter Service

jasmine72

Earning My Ears
I have been lurking for a few weeks. I want to find out the best Counter service resturants. We are going to WDW in June and I don't want to spend a lot of time at TS locations. TIA

besides the cs at the resorts,
MK has some really good one..
These are some of OUR FAVORITES.....not everyone likes the same ones..

Cosmic Rays
Pecos Bill
Columbia Harbor House

In Epcot
Electric Umbrella
The Land
American Pavillion
Mexico fast service

In HDS
not alot of selections
but will do Rosies and
Backlot express
Pizza planet

In AK
we love
Flame Tree BBQ
Pizzafari

HOpe this helps

We love in DTD
WPE and
Earl of Sandwich (well worth it)

Magic Kingdom:

Columbia harbor house
Peco Bill's
Pinocchio Haus (good location, not really crowded)

Epcot:

The sunshine seasons

Animal Kingdom:

Yak and Yeti Express
Flametree Barbecue

Hollywood Studios

Pizza planet
Turkey legs by tower of terror

DTD:
Earl of sandwich
Wolfgang puck express (eventhough i think it's technically a TS)

several threads on this, but I don't know if the search function is working.

MK - Columbia Harbor House for some non-standard fare, Pecos Bill's for barbeue pork or burgers and Cosmic Ray's for burgers and a wide range of options. Cosmic Ray's has probably the widest variety of choices. To get all of the options you may have to go to up to three counters. Both Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bill's have fixins bars to spruce up your sandwiches.

Epcot - A lot of choices here - Sunshine Seasons in the Land has a wide variety of food choices. The food is fresh and good. In the World Showcase there are several options; the CS locations in England, Morrocco, and Germany are very good. I personally like the one in Mexico and it has a great view. It's a nice place to have a margarita with a dinner CS meal.

DAK - Flame Tree is my favorite place. Pizzafari has a lot fans. I have yet to try the Yak and Yeti CS but it has gotten solid reviews n this board.

DHS - the weakest of the four major parks. I like Studio Catering but the menu may not work for everyone. I have had decent burgers at Backlot Express. And Starring Rolls has some decent sandwiches.

If you find yourself in Downtown Disney, Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck's Express are the two best options.

Some that we've been to, and enjoyed VERY much: Sunshine Seasons in the Land in Epcot, any of the World Showcase CS's are good, Wolfgang Puck's Express in DTD. These will give you "real" food.....not just burgers and fries!

Some that we have not been to yet, but plan on trying: Pepper Market at CSR, and Yak and Yeti at AK.

Check out the menus on allearsnet.com . There is some very good CS food to be had out there, if you know where to look for it!

MK - Columbia Harbor House
EC - Sunshine Seasons, Tangerine Cafe
RESORTS: POP & POR - Great Food court
DTD - Earl of Sandwich

AK-Flame Tree BBQ
MK-Columbia Harbor House
Epcot-Tangierine Cafe
DHS-We do not eat CS here
DTD-both Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express are very good

MK: Cosmic Rays in Tomorroland for the variety, they're roasted chicken portion is enough to share. A band might even pop up and sing for you!

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, again for the variety. It is in the Land. It is cafeteria style and you can pick and choose among a lot of different options. Great for when the family can't decide. Also, an overlooked area are the Epcot Hotdog stands which are exellent. If you want burgers I reccomend the Electric Umbrella near Test Track, Mission Space, Ellen's.

AK: We pretty much always eat at Flame Tree. Great food and you can get a nice fruit plate. We've also eaten at the Yak and Yeti CS and it has good food as well but not much variety. If you have a DDE discount, Yak and Yeti wouldn't/couldn't take it (at least not last year - they claimed they lacked the computer capability)

DHS: I agree that DHS is pretty much a bummer when it comes to food of any kind, snacks, CS and TS. For CS I'd reccomend heading toward TOT. There are a bunch of different CS booths (for lack of a better word) and you can choose from burgers, pizza, chicken etc... Great variety.

Some tips:

1. If you want to check out any of the menus you can got to allearsnet and see what they serve. I think the Dis has menus somewhere as well.
2. If you are on a diet or not a big eater, you can always get one double hamburger or cheeseburger meal and then order an extra bun. For just a little extra you get two hamburgers and can split the fries.
3. The fixens bars have tons of things to add to your burgers and Pecos Bills probably has one of the most extensive fixins bars. If you want a "free" salad, ask for an extra carton (thing your food comes in) and plop some lettuce, tomatoes and whatever else you want to put in there. Top it with mayo or some smuggled in dressing packets.
4. You haven't referenced if you have children but AK has no straws. If your kiddos need a straw to drink their soda (or if you want a straw) grab some from somewhere and stash them in your bag before you head to AK.

I think that about covers it. If you change your mind about TS. You can make a ressie from any restaurant, just ask the host.

Thanks for the options. I did not even think about the search option when I posted so sorry for the repeat :) But DHS was the one I was worried about with the limited CS. I guess those days we will stick to 50's Prime Time and Sci-Fi.

Thanks for the options. I did not even think about the search option when I posted so sorry for the repeat :) But DHS was the one I was worried about with the limited CS. I guess those days we will stick to 50's Prime Time and Sci-Fi.

I too worried about DHS when we took our 1st trip last year. We didn't have any TS meals planned there so we had planned to eat CS at one of the resorts. We had to change plans because the park was pretty crowded that day and we didn't want to leave. We decided to try Pizza Planet and we actually loved it. We are planning to go again this year. Of course, Planet Hollywood was our favorite and no one else seems to like it either so maybe we just don't know good food. :confused3

Here's our favorites...

Our overall favorite CS anywhere in the world is Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD!!! :love:

MK - Columbia Harbor House
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons
AK - Flametree BBQ
DHS - Backlot Express

MK: Cosmic Ray's
EP: Sunshine Seasons
DHS: Sunset Market - (Near ToT and RnR)
AK: Flametree BBQ

Two of our favorites are:

AK - Pizzafari - the hot italian sandwich is out of this world.
Epcot - Tangierine cafe - Wraps are awesome - like Gyros

I have only been to the Magic Kingdom and I absolutly love Pecos Bill's. We are eating there at least twice in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter