• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Counter Service "to-go" containers?

Blue32

DIS Veteran
Do any of the counter service restaraunts at DL give you your food in "to-go" containers with lids or in a bag if you ask? Just wondering for times we might want to grab some food and eat it in a different part of the park...say waiting for a parade to start or something like that. Can anyone give examples of places that may offer these type of grab and go items? Thanks!

i know for sure the river belle, plaza inn and french market have plates with these plastic dome snap on lids, i remember getting items at the stage door that were served in paper baskets. I bet there are many other places but these are the ones that i can recall.

Yes, you can ask for your food items "to go", however you can also simply just take the baskets (or whatever) with you, just be sure not to throw them away, instead drop them off at another CS restaurant. For instance, you want to eat at Rancho Del Zocalo, but the kids want to eat at Stage Door Cafe, get your kids something from SDC and carry it over to RDZ and eat it there. It's not a problem to do this, I've done it a time or two myself, we simply leave the baskets from SDC at Rancho and they send them back.

Add Pizza Port to the list of places with to-go containers. Also, I asked for everything we ordered once at Jolly Holiday Bakery to be packed up since we wanted to walk with it for a while and then eat it once we got a good parade spot, and they did a nice job packing and bagging up our stuff.

We like to get our nachos to go at White Water and walk them back into DCA to eat while we wait for WOC (or the Electrical Parade when it was there).

Not sure about others, but I had a hard time getting food from the Wharf soup place to go. One time they did it in a coffee cup the other time the girl was saying they have no lids and can't make anything to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter