• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Counter service reviews 8/26-9/1 (free dining)

Cindy B

<font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish
We just finished up a long week at Disney during the free dining week. DD was not eligible for adult meals so had kids meals or shared with me.

Our counter service meals included:

Sunshine Seasons: I had the salmon which was amazing. DH, DS both had huge sandwiches. DD (on kids plan) got the mac n cheese.

Columbia Harbor House: I got the soup and sandwich (I did tuna and the chili). DH got soup and sandwich as well but the ham and the NE chowder. DS got the ham sandwich, DD got mac n cheese.

Riverside Mill Food Court twice: Once I got the make your own pasta which was delicious and one time I shared a mufellata with DH. DD got mac n cheese and the turkey pinwheels. She liked the turkey! DS got big sandwiches mostly.(one time the mufellata another time another type of sandwich)

Wolfgang Puck Express: DH and I shared a BBQ beef wrap which was delicious. The kids shared a pepperoni pizza. The creme brulee was really good there although the mango iced tea was weak.

Earl of Sandwich: We got 5 different sandwiches at different times: Beef and Blue, Full Montagu, All American, The Original and a different type of club sandwich.

Pepper Market: I got chicken ceasar salad, DH got a Texas style calzone, DS got a sandwich and DD got a pizza kids meal.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the reviews. Which was your favorite sandwich from Earl of Sandwich? When we went last time DH and I made the mistake of trying the cold wraps instead of the hot sandwiches. I hear the hot sandwiches are the way to go. :)

The least favorite was the All American. It had turkey and a small bit of cranberry sauce. However, the cranberry got a bit smooshed and it was fairly sweeter than what I expected.

Other than that, they were all good.

Thanks for the reviews. How did you like Columbia Harbor House? I am really hoping to try this on our upcoming trip. We always seem to be on the other side of the park at meal time but most people seem to think it is the best CS at MK so I am planning to make a special effort to get there.

Thanks for the reviews. How did you like Columbia Harbor House? I am really hoping to try this on our upcoming trip. We always seem to be on the other side of the park at meal time but most people seem to think it is the best CS at MK so I am planning to make a special effort to get there.

I got there early (around 1045) and it was open and not crowded. I truly enjoyed the different style of counter services instead of the usual offerings. The vegetarian chili was really good and the tuna sandwich (the 1/2) was HUGE! I almost got the hummus sandwich and switched back to tuna at the last minute. I'm not a vegetarian, but the chili just sounded good.

DH got the ham sandwich and NE chowder. He said the chowder was good and there was a lot of ham in the sandwich. DS got the ham sandwich as well and it looked like almost a pound of ham in his sandwich. Even though he is a soon to be 13 year old with a hollow leg (always eating/always hungry), he couldn't finish it. DD -got the mac n cheese meal with grapes and chocolate pudding.

The three of us on the adult plan got the apple cobbler desert. It wasn't bad at all with small pieces of apple on the top.

CHH - the tuna sandwich - do they use sweet relish in the tuna salad? I don't like sweet relish in my tuna, and I wanted to know in advance if that is how thay make it.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reviews. I also loved the "make your own pasta" at Riverside food court. It was better than any sit down restaurant. I had the fettucine, with alfredo sauce, shrimp, spinach, prosciutto, and sun-dried tomatoes. It came with delicious garlic bread.

CHH - the tuna sandwich - do they use sweet relish in the tuna salad? I don't like sweet relish in my tuna, and I wanted to know in advance if that is how thay make it.

Thanks!

I didn't notice any relish if that makes any sense.

It sounds great. What park is it in? Does anyone have some ideas for all star counter service restaurants?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter