• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

counter service question

akfan

Mouseketeer
This is our first time with the DDP and I have a question about counter service. What constitutes an entree with CS? For example, at our resort (Coronado Springs), if we want fruit and cereal, listed as 2 separate items on the breakfast menu, does that count as an entree? Thanks

In general, no.

The breakfast entrees at CSR/Pepper Market include the omelets, fritattas, platters, waffle plates, etc. If I remember correctly they do have some sort of fruit-with-yogurt platter which is an entree.

The individual cereals and small packages of fruit are snack options, one credit each.

Some CS (i.e., Main Street Bakery) do allow you to 'collect' a few pieces of smaller items to make up a CS credit, but I don't know from personal experience whether Pepper Market does this or not.

I asked about putting together a CS breakfast 'continental style' last month at POFQ (we had too many CS meals so we used some for breakfasts to share). The option was a side and 2 drinks. So our fruit bowl one day and cinnamon roll on another, constituted a CS credit. Considering next year breakfast only allows one drink, that is a very bad value for money usage of a meal credit - unless, as in our case, you know that if you don't use it you lose it.

Now it must be said that you are likely to get a different answer to the same question every time you ask, so you can try, but just be prepared. I think you will do better using snack credits.

We used snack credits for breakfast-y items. A container of cereal and a little container of milk (both together) = one snack credit. Things like pastries, fruit, yogurt, those were all one snack credit as well. If we used a CS credit for breakfast (which we did a couple of times), we got the biggest platter we could, plus a couple of snack items, and shared. There was plenty of food. I wouldn't use a CS credit to put together a 'continental' breakfast - you're better off using snack credits for those kinds of things. Save the CS credits for 'bigger' stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter