Counter Service question near Boardwalk or World Showcase...

HermanTriplets+1

DIS Veteran
Hi DIS Foodies!
Looking for recommendations:
Going from MK to International Gateway entrance to Epcot around lunchtime. Don't want to "waste" a lot of time, so thinking counter service. Any recommendations, either around Boardwalk or near the Gateway entrance to the World Showcase, UK/France/Morrroco/Canada?
Thanks!:goodvibes

Boarkwalk has a pizza window and we actually liked the pizza a lot. It opens at noon. Or sandwiches at the Boardwalk Bakery. Also try the boulangerie patisserie at France. great lunch option and awesome desserts.

If you go a little further, there is a cafeteria inside of the Dolphin Resort called Picabu. If you are a AAA member and show your card, they give you a decent discount (15%) off of your meal. You can take a boat there from International Gateway gate/boat dock.

Harry Ramsden Fish & Chips is very good also.

ESPN Club is good and you can get it to-go and sit at the Boardwalk on a bench and eat.

You could also try Beaches and Cream at BC. Another alternative is Fish n Chips at UK. Can't go wrong with either.

Tangerine Cafe in Morocco is one of my favorite Quick service restaurants in all of WDW the food is outstading :thumbsup2

Beaches and cream is great but now requires an ADR to eat there.

Be careful the fish and chips portion has decreased making it more of a kids meal in size!

Tangerine Cafe in Morocco is one of my favorite Quick service restaurants in all of WDW the food is outstading :thumbsup2

I just heard this from John on the last DisUnplugged episode. I will have to give it a try. Not really my thing but if it is that good I may have to experiment.

Beaches and cream is great but now requires an ADR to eat there.

Be careful the fish and chips portion has decreased making it more of a kids meal in size!

I totally agree on the Fish n Chips. So tasty but such a small portion for a big eater.

Nice catch on the B&C. Thanks!

Once inside Epcot if you are heading towards Future World the Rose & Crown Pub (not the dining room) has a limited menu or you could continue into FW and have lunch at Sunshine Seasons in The Land Pavillion. If you are planning to walk around WS, then Les Halles in France is one of our favorites. A bit farther is Katsura Grill in Japan.

The pool bar at beach club has burgers sandwiches, with seating area. Quicker walk than to boardwalk side. Last time we ate there food was good for QS

Another vote for Tangierine Cafe. Love their food. I really dislike the pizza at the Boardwalk pizza window, so I personally couldn't recommend that. I had a couple of tasty sandwiches at the Boardwalk Bakery, and a delicious strawberry cupcake. Also agree about the fish & chips at the window. I'm not a big eater, and I wasn't really full after finishing my order last May. It used to be larger.

At BW- the bakery but it only has outside seating.

EPCOT- go left and get some amazing fish n chips in UK (outdoor seating as well) or go right and do the bakery in France which is awesome for sandwiches and pastry. i would skip dessert there believe it or not and opt for the gelato in the France pavilion. I have dreams about that stuff it is so good, just like the gelato in Europe (or close at least in my experience).

Thanks All:flower3:
Do I understand correctly that YC and Beach Club are a bit closer to the International Gateway than the Boardwalk? I will be with my parents and my father already said he can't wait to visit Morocco, so maybe we will eat at Tangerine (or whatever it's called:thumbsup2) and my mother is a huge ice cream fan - France, here we come!
Thanks again, I knew I would get help here:love:

Since you are coming from the MK, take the bus from the MK to the YC/BC and get off at the BC stop. Enter the resort, turn left, walk through the resort's main lobby, past the Marketplace (gift shop/CS venue), past the Sandcastle Club, turn right and down the hall to the exit, go around the quiet pool and laundry, out to the walkway, turn left and follow the path to the IG. This is ideal if you are there on a hot or humid day and want to take advantage of the AC. The simpler route is to enter the resort, go straight through and out the doors towards Crescent Lake, turn left on the pathway and follow it to the IG.

Here's a link to the YC/BC map:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/yachbeachmap.htm

We really enjoy eating at Boulangerie Patisserie which serves lovely sweet and savoury food and definitely nice latté. :goodvibes

We really enjoy eating at Boulangerie Patisserie which serves lovely sweet and savoury food and definitely nice latté. :goodvibes

Just in case anyone goes looking for it, the Boulangerie Patisserie has changed its name and moved locations. Now it is Les Halles Boulangerie and Patisserie and is located inside the building at the exit to the Impressions de France movie. The original Boulangerie location is now the ice cream and sorbet shop, L'Artisan de Glaces. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter