• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Counter service Pizza

bless7ings

DIS Veteran
Do all the counter service Pizza's taste the same? Or what is your favorite pizza in Disney parks?

My fav was always Pizza Rizzo (aka The Pizza Rat!). But since it is rarely open these days, there is no place in the parks that comes to mind as particularly better than the others

Most are the same, but I found the Pizza Window (on the Boardwalk) or the ones at Wolfgang Puck Express (Disney Springs) to be quite enjoyable. It's no Via Napoli, but what at Disney is?

My son eats very few things and lives,for pizza. It is his professional opinion that all pizza is different. For some reason his favorite is from the Poly. Followed by the take out window at via Napoli and Blaze in downtown

It has been several years, but I thought the pizza at Pizzafari at Animal Kingdom was terrible. It reminded me of frozen pizza which you are supposed to put in the microwave.

I would suggest trying Pizza al Taglio (the Pizza window at Via Napoli in EPCOT's Italy Pavilion)
I was thinking about trying that. Can you tell me what the pizza is like? I do not really care for gourmet style pizzas, I would rather just have a big slice of a traditional pepperoni pizza.

Most are the same, but I found the Pizza Window (on the Boardwalk) or the ones at Wolfgang Puck Express (Disney Springs) to be quite enjoyable. It's no Via Napoli, but what at Disney is?

Could you imagine how popular a Via Napoli window would be at bwv? I don't think we leave the boardwalk

Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs is good. I've actually never eaten at that one, but we have one right by our house and it is excellent. It is sort of like Subway for pizza. They send your pizza down the line and have them add your toppings right there and then they put it in a fast fire oven.

Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs is good. I've actually never eaten at that one, but we have one right by our house and it is excellent. It is sort of like Subway for pizza. They send your pizza down the line and have them add your toppings right there and then they put it in a fast fire oven.
I agree, it is good. We ate there in Disney Springs last Summer and it was very good. We now have one fairly close to us that just opened since then.

Unless it's changed recently, that's the same frozen pizza you get everywhere else at Disney. It is certainly NOT the same pizza VN serves inside the restaurant.

I haven't tried that window but I love Via Napoli's pizza, I figured it was the same. That's really disappointing!

It is Italian or Greek style? I only like Italian.

I just had to look up Greek style pizza as I wasn't sure. Greek is cooked in a shallow pan, as opposed to traditional pizza. What chains use that? I was thinking maybe Pizza Hut but not sure. Can you overly tell the difference? I think most places are Italian style pizza right?

I just had to look up Greek style pizza as I wasn't sure. Greek is cooked in a shallow pan, as opposed to traditional pizza. What chains use that? I was thinking maybe Pizza Hut but not sure. Can you overly tell the difference? I think most places are Italian style pizza right?

I didnt know Blaze was a chain. Most chains do have close to Italian. Your local pizza shops, mainly " <city> House of Pizza are usually Greek, The Greek crust is made with oil and cooked in a pan. The crust comes out crunchy. Italian crust is more soft and doughy. Im from New England. Its defintely a thing here and people have their favorites. I dont care for greek at all.

Greek...

Italian

I didnt know Blaze was a chain. Most chains do have close to Italian. Your local pizza shops, mainly " <city> House of Pizza are usually Greek, The Greek crust is made with oil and cooked in a pan. The crust comes out crunchy. Italian crust is more soft and doughy. Im from New England. Its defintely a thing here and people have their favorites. I dont care for greek at all.

Good stuff. I'm in the Philadelphia area and I'd say 99.9% of the pizza places are Italian style. The greek pizza in the pictures you posted looks like the $1 individual frozen pizza's I buy my kids for when we have too many activities going on and I need to feed them something quick. Think Mama Celeste or Red Baron pizzas if you ever heard of them. I don't care for the greek style at all either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter