Counter service for breakfast

Where do you go for Breakfast while on the dinning plan?
When stay at a Value, we use 1 counter service at the foodcourt and 1 snack service for breakfast. CS gets one hot platter or hot sandwich, one juice and one hot beverage. DH gets two juice because he doesn't drink coffee. For a snack credit I get a chocolate croissant and I use my refillable mug for coffee.

We used our resort CS and enjoyed the shared meal. Only used 1 CS credit.

Others have stated that Main Street Bakery is a great place for a CS breakfast. I think in addition to the drinks you'd get a pastry and breakfast sandwich.

Sunshine Seasons seems to have a menu similar to the resort CS places.

I was thinking like Earl of Sandwich.. is that considered a table service and can you get breakfast there? I figure I can get counter service for breakfast at SSR right?

We like Wolfgang Puck Express for a CS Breakfast. Great waffles and omelettes. Starring Rolls at DHS also CS..smoked salmon or pastrami and cream cheese on bagels and cinnamon rolls. Yum...

DH and I stay at the Poly. We tend to go to Capt. Cook's or Gasparilla (GF). We usually share a breakfast platter and get a bagel (snack credit). I don't tend to eat a lot of breakfast, but just want a small taste of his. Both places are pretty good.

I was thinking like Earl of Sandwich.. is that considered a table service and can you get breakfast there? I figure I can get counter service for breakfast at SSR right?

EoS is a sandwich shope, not anything close to a Table Service meal. Never read a review of bfast there. As someone mentioned WG Puck is a CS breakfat at Downtown Disney. If you aren't looking to spend credits I suppose you can get bfast at McDonald's in DTD.

EoS is a sandwich shope, not anything close to a Table Service meal. Never read a review of bfast there. As someone mentioned WG Puck is a CS breakfat at Downtown Disney. If you aren't looking to spend credits I suppose you can get bfast at McDonald's in DTD.

Nah we are looking to use our counter credit for breakfast and not lunch..

we just pay oop for breakfast, using our cs for lunch and out ts for dinner each night.

Its FREE dining again for us, so we eat what/when/where we want as we're already ahead! :cheer2:

We just got back from Pop where we ate breakfast daily. The manager explained that you could do the following with one quick service meal credit for breakfast:

1. Breakfast platter (ie. French toast and bacon), one bottled beverage (ie. OJ, Apple, Water) and one side item (ie. piece of fruit, bowl of fruit, piece of pastry)

2. Breakfast platter and two bottled beverages

We usually chose option one and shared with our children.

The quick service plan worked out wonderfully for us. We had 2 adults and 2 children on the plan and we ended up spending only $70 out of pocket for food the entire week we were there. :)

We too usually use our credits for lunch or dinner. Most of the time we just grab a quick breakfast in our room. Cereal, bagels, fruit, pop tarts, etc. OH, and those leftover desserts. Someimes we'll use a SC for a pastry in the food court. And once in awhile we will get a regular breakfast in the food court. Problem is I like my waffles crisp and even if you wait while they make a fresh one, take the cover off while waiting to pay, the waffle still gets soggy. :confused3 Next time (if there is one) I'll order my waffle well done!

We also use 1 TS for breakfast on our last day. Last 2 years it's been at 'Ohanas (late, like 11-12) and previous 2 years at PF.

That's how we do breakfast while on DDP.

Even when we are on the DDP we still get the refillable mugs so anytime we get a meal at the food court (or some CS in the parks) we'll grab bottled water, juice, or soda to take back to the room or take into the parks. If it's breakfast we'll grab 2. Though based on what Kim posted I would get 1 bottled beverage and one side (fruit, most likely). We rarely, if ever, use a SC for a beverage (except for frozen lemonades, etc.).There's just so many yummy choices out there.

We like to go to Poly Capt'n Cooks for the Tonga toast or to Riverside for the made to order omlet. Got to try Wolfgang Puck express sometime.

This last trip we arrived at 11:00 PM and left at 6:30 AM. That meant that we had & days of DDP for only 6 days in the parks. Plus another TS credit for the night we had dinner with friends and paid oop. We used the extra TS credits for a couple of breakfasts. The other mornings, DW an I used snack credits for a bagel or croisant and drink and the boys (12 and 14) used CS credits to get two pastries and two drinks. Since DW and I usually can split a CS credit for lunch it seemed to work itself out in the end.

Oh and count me in as another vote for Main treet bakery. That worked out great. Got to the park before opening for EMH, went straight to the bakery, had breakfast while the real crazies dealt with the rope drop and then did the two mountains with almost no wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter