Counter Service Favorites?

SteelSonny

Earning My Ears
One day in AK, one in DHS and then two in MK. The only ADR we have is a breakfast at the Crystal Palace.

I think I have the attractions pretty well planned out, but I want to plan the best on-the-go meals. Suggestions? Best snacks?

My thoughts:

AK: Restarauntasaurus (shrimp po boy)
DHS: Pizza Planet (my DD4 is a Toy Story nut, and that's her fave part)
MK: Help :)

For my family, these are our favorites...
AK: Flame Tree
MK: Be Our Guest or Cosmic Rays
DHS: None really, so Pizza Planet for theme is a good choice

For snack, there are lots of good options.
AK: Kusafari Bakery (cupcakes)
DHS: Starring Rolls (cupcakes)
MK: Aloha Isles (Dole Whip Float)

We love the hot dogs at Caseys! try the one with pork BBQ!

we also love the cs at Yak and Yetti

AK: Flame Tree. Both DH and I love it

HS: Backlot Express? They have a southwest salad that we both like.

MK: We usually eat at Tortuga Tavern. It's nothing special, but we like it. We haven't been to BOG yet; we are planning on doing lunch there during our upcoming trip at the end of June.

AK: Flame Tree BBQ (yum! the salads are delicious and it has a great view)
MK: Cosmic Rays (love the burger bar and there are great chicken options)
DHS: Pizza Planet (our kids are big Toy Story fans)

Art the build your own salad,
AK yak and Yetti
MK Pecos Bills and Columbia house
AKL Mara:)

One day in AK, one in DHS and then two in MK. The only ADR we have is a breakfast at the Crystal Palace.

I think I have the attractions pretty well planned out, but I want to p. lan the best on-the-go meals. Suggestions? Best snacks?

My thoughts:

AK we like Flame tree and Yak CS. Restaurantasaurus is ok. But I have never tried the po boy. For the best snack. YY cs. Chicken fried rice is so good and so are the fries. But if you mean snack as sweet snack. I like a soft serve from the place by Everest.
Studios. I love the italian sandwich from Catelina,eddies. It is on a warm crispy roll. So good. But if DD wants toy story go there. You can find something decent. The meatball sub is ok. I love popcorn (and a drink) for my snacks!
MK We always try to go to Tortuga. (They close at 3pm) Love the taco salad. Pecos has one too but it is usually so much busier than Tortuga. BoG cs was great too. And CR has lots of choices. Try the pork shank at Gastons. It is good and can be shared! My snack in MK is a caramel apple from the Confectionary. But I have seen some pretty candy apples in the circus tent. Haven't tried any yet but I will!! Oh and a dole whip!!!

Avoid the hot dogs at Casey's.

I agree but I am a hot dog snob. DS27 loves them and all Disney dogs. For me they must be natural casing! The only placeI found one is in Germany. That is the one place DS doesn't like. He says they are too "good". Go figure!? :confused3

Ak. Flame tree bbq
Dhs. All are mediocre. Consider sci-fi drive in. They have a $12 turkey club. Almost as cheap as cs, but a very cool atmosphere!
Mk. My fave is pecos bills for the fixins bar eating out on the patio by splash mountain.
Also for a great cs breakfast, consider taking the resort monorail from ttc to the poly. Try cpt cooks for the tonga toast, and eat out at the volcano pool with the lake and the castle in the background. It is my favorite morning tradition!
Also, sleepy hollow in liberty square has an amazing spicy chicken and waffle sandwich that is only available until 4 or 5. It's awesome!

In MK: Columbia Harbor House. The salmon, tuna sandwich, and the veggie sandwich are all good. The Lobster Roll much less so.

In DHS: I like Fairfax Fare for the BBQ plates or the Fairfax Salad.

In AK: Flame Tree BBQ for the BBQ plates or the chicken salad. My wife and children like Pizzafari.

AK- Flame Tree BBQ

MK- Cosmic Rays and Casey Corner ( love their corn fog nuggets!!)

HS- Backlot Express , Catilina Eddies ( tried the hot Italian sandwich last trip and thought was really good) , and fair fax fare

AK- FlameTree BBQ

DHS- I don't think we've ever eaten CS here. Oh wait once at Pizza Planet. The food was mediocre but the kids loved it. Me not so much because I'm not into spending $20 in arcades when I'm at Disney so my kids were upset because I only gave them a few bucks.

MK- Peco Bill's and Cosmic Ray's. Last time we went CHH was closed at odd times during the week so we didn't get a chance to eat there. Next trip I'm trying it.

Casey Corner ( love their corn fDog nuggets!!)

These little suckers are addictive!

MK- Casey's Corn Dog Nuggets, Columbia Harbor House, Tuna on whole grain, Be Our Guest, the pork (OMG), steak sandwich!

AK- Flame Tree, BBQ!

DHS- Backlot, Turkey on ciabatta!, SW Salad w/ Chicken, Starring Rolls, black forest ham sandwich or turkey, spicy tuna sushi! Studio Catering Co., Sloppy Joe w/ Cheddar & Chipotle sauce (bring wipes) , Buffalo Chicken Wrap and Tuscan Deli Sandwich. Hurry because all of the decent QS at DHS run out quick!

I wish they had themed the Pizza Planet as in the movie, it might make the food a bit more palatable! My kids haven't wanted to eat there since the 1st time! Cosmic Ray's/Pecos Bill only if if we're starving, the hamburger, even with the toppings bar, is not the greatest!

Warning: ABC Commissarry :sick: :scared1: :eek: :scared: :scared1: :sad2:

Wow! Flame Tree BBQ for sure on our first night. That was almost unanimous.

I couldn't imagine spending 10 days in the parks, but now that I read through these food favorites, maybe :)

One question. I know this is Table Service, but my DW loves Thanksgiving food and the Liberty Square Tavern has a feast there. Has anyone had it? Looks pretty pricey and we're budgeting, but it's vacation. Any thoughts?

the Liberty Square Tavern has a feast there. Has anyone had it? Looks pretty pricey and we're budgeting, but it's ?

Lunch - Pilgrims Feast - Copious amount of food for $15.99

or

Dinner which is served "Family" style in big bowls (You would all have to order it) for much more money! Incl. trad. Thanksgiving food along with salad, mac/cheese, dessert and a non-alcoholic drink!

I love LTT but I prefer it for lunch rather than dinner and it's pot roast, or the bacon cheeseburger! Not a fan of buffet type food and the dinner served "family" style if the same food as typical Disney buffets!

I think I have the attractions pretty well planned out, but I want to plan the best on-the-go meals. Suggestions? Best snacks?

My thoughts:

AK: Flame Tree BBQ times a million for food and atmosphere.
DHS: Backlot Express mostly b/c that's my go-to chicken tenders location.
MK: Harbour House times a million for food

I have some other sentimental favorites at MK as well (Pecos Bill, Pinnochio Village Hause, Cosmic Rays), but I'm from the Boston area and will always favor Harbour House :thumbsup2

For snacks... Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip at MK! And a good old-fashioned Mickey bar at any ice cream cart! :mickeybar

Mk...Pecos bill's. Love the taco salad.

AK...flame tree! The hubs and I share the chicken and rib combo.

Ha....the kids loved pizza planet. They love sci-fi more though, and like a pp said, in the same price range!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter