• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Counter Service Combo Meals on Dining Plan??

EmmaAndQuinnsMommy

We miss Disney!
I am wondering how they figure out what is a "combo meal" at counter service restaurants. I don't see things listed as a combo meal on the menus at allearsnet. For example - Do you get to choose a sandwich and a side item and why aren't they listed like that? What about salads? Can you choose a salad and side? Can you choose an appetizer type item instead of an entree item I wonder? (We don't eat meat, so a lot of times we end up having to order only an appetizer, etc.) Can you choose any non-alcoholic drink you want, even if it a a kid specialty type drink? Hope someone can help me understand this a little better! Thanks!

Carrie =)

You're not entitled to a side dish. The combo meals usually include fries or chips. Many places will let you substitute carrots or grapes.

Look at the Studio Catering Company. You can get salmon at the CS places in the AK. Most CS places don't have appetizers, I guess they'd let you get something like soup as your meal.

Like Lewisc said . . . it sometimes just depends on the restuarant.
Examples:
at Columbia Harbour house we got the soup and sandwich combo (easy, b/c it is listed as a combo).

at the food court at POFQ though, the choices were really diverse: if we used a CS credit for breakfast they let us get a platter (waffles and fruit, or omelet, or breakfast platter) PLUS a "dessert," like a large bowl of fresh fruit, PLUS a drink. At dinner it got really interesting about what came as a "side." We found the food court to be the best value for counter service if your goal is to get as much food as possible. (We could ALWAYS share a CS meal at the food court and have food left over.)

at Flame Tree Barbeque we got the Ribs combo, which came with beans (& slaw???) - it was a lot of food.

Almost all of the meals at CS places are listed as combos on the menus (have a side listed with the entree), but again, they may let you substitute.
Happy planning!

The new brochures now say no dessert with breakfast. CS breakfast isn't a great deal in most places. Unless you're sharing CS lunches I'd just pay out of pocket for breakfast most mornings.

OP- I noticed in your post that you mentioned that you didn't eat meat so you thought that you would have to order an appetizer. FYI...pretty much every restaurant has some sort of vegetarian option. If you don't see anything, just ask and there might be something available that is not listed on the menu. WDW is very accomodating to vegetarians.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter