Counter Service At DHS - What's The Best Of The Worst?

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
I am trying to find a good place at DHS for a counter service meal.

I am having no luck.

Where would you say is the best counter service location at Hollywood Studios?

I like the sandwiches at Starring Roles. Very fresh, and a generous amount of meat! While you're there, you can grab one of their wonderful desserts...;)

I agree... Starring rolls is our favorite lunch spot at DHS, especially on the dining plan it is a great value. The sandwiches are huge and fresh and the desserts are awesome!

Another vote for Starring Rolls - sandwich and cupcake - either the Peanut Butter and Choc or the Butterfinger. It closes around 4:00 and it often runs out of items even before that so don't wait until mid afternoon.

It's not a CS, but the new Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge does not take reservations and it has an interesting menu or you can order from the full HBD menu. I want to try this place on my next visit.

And yet another vote for Starring Rolls. Second choice would be the multiple food stands on the road leading to ToT; they essentially form a big open-air food court. Downside is no A/C, but more choices than the other CS locations in DHS.

I love DHS choices of table service restaurants, but always have had trouble choosing a CS. Years ago the ABC Commissary had a unique and tasty menu but not any longer. On my last trip we did TS for lunch at SciFi and then for dinner left the park and took the boat to the BW area and ate a great, relaxing meal at the Bakery (I believe it was simply called that) before coming back to DHS. Yes, those Starring Rolls cupcakes are the bomb though. We got in line (our longest of the day outside of TSM) to snag some before they ran out.

I love Starring Rolls, but you could also walk over to the Boardwalk Bakery and get some yummy lunch goodies there.

Backlot express is great! Indoor air conditioning seating refill station and food just as good as any other park counter service:)

My favourite options at DHS are Starring Rolls or the Pretzel Dog at Min & Bill's Dockside diner (it comes with chips and, even better, you can ask them to leave the mustard off) :thumbsup2

I would say Starring Rolls Cafe, the sandwiches are amazing, Plus they have so really great desserts. Not a lot of food choices there though, so if you have a large group of people to please one of the other locations may be better for you.

My favourite options at DHS are Starring Rolls or the Pretzel Dog at Min & Bill's Dockside diner (it comes with chips and, even better, you can ask them to leave the mustard off) :thumbsup2

::yes:: pair that with one of their thick shakes or frozen lemonade and you have a winner weiner quick service dinner , lol

We like the area across from fantasmic. Multiple items in small area. Each able to get something different. Basic fare. Really enjoyed it , but may have been because we were starving. :)

Backlot express is great! Indoor air conditioning seating refill station and food just as good as any other park counter service:)

This is where we usually end up as well. Standard fare, but nothing to complain about. Plus anywhere in the summer with A/C works for me. :thumbsup2

I've had good luck at Backlot Express twice - I used to recommend it to everyone. However, on my last trip in Sept. 2013, it was pretty bad. I don't know if it was just an off day or if things changed.
I thought Pizza Planet wasn't bad either. The pizza was decent and the salad was very good.

I would have to go along with the majority and say Starring Rolls. However, with that I might add that this is an example of how bad (IMHO) the options are at DHS. When a place that offers pre-made cold cut sandwiches and pre-made sushi rolls is the best a park can offer, that does not say a whole lot. :confused3

I'll throw an odd vote out - My favorite CS meal at DHS was Pizza Planet - but not the pizza. :duck:

Antipasto Salad + Cappuccino Cupcake = YUM. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter