Countdown Calendars??

Princess Brittany

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!!! I'm looking for ideas for a new countdown calendar for our vacation in June 2010. On some trip reports I see that people use the Mickey paint samples from Home Depot. How does that countdown calendar? Also, any ideas or suggestion would be highly appreciated!!:)

I thought I saw an example somewhere on the disboards--I can't find it now, though. I think the idea was using a larger poster board, each paint chip was one day (so you can number the colored Mickeys)--like an advent calendar. When a day is counted down, one can look under that card's number (lifting up the whole card) to reveal a fun fact or picture. You could also make pockets out of cardstock and put them on the posterboard. Each day a card is removed and a fun fact or special event at WDW is revealed on the back.

I'm trying to think of something to do myself for my 2 and 3 year old but instead of taking something away each day or OFF the calendar I'm thinking we put something on it each day. I think they will like that better.

Since I have a Cricut I can cut a different character/shape out for each day. I'm just trying to think of what to do.

I'm interested in what others have to say.

I need to make two since we have two trips planned :rotfl:

I did one of these with balsa wood. I did get several of the paint samples from Home Depot. I numbered them 0-9 (2 sets) I cut a piece of balsa wood about 4" X 7". I painted the wood. Then I hole punched all of the paint samples as well as the balsa wood. Just used my crop-a-dile (scrapbooking tool). I used one of those rings that you can purchase at the office supply store to hold each side together. Done! Turned out pretty cute. Very cheap!

My daughter and I made our countdown calendar with the Home Depot paint chips. We got a poster board and drew a large Mickey head in the middle. She then decorated the outside of the head with stickers and drawings of Disney stuff. I cut out each paint chip and every day we put a mickey head inside the large Mickey head. I write the number of days left on that days paint chip so she knows how many days left. It is really cool to see the big Mickey head filling up with all the colorful little Mickey heads. She loves it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter