• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

coumadin therapy

1goofymom

Earning My Ears
quick question, my dd was diagnosed with PE, told she cannot ride anything rough due to coumadin therapy. Is there somewhere that has a list of possible rides she could do. Is there a handicapped car in toy story that does not turn, or can she get off splash mountain before the drop? I know mission space has the not moving portion. :confused3

quick question, my dd was diagnosed with PE, told she cannot ride anything rough due to coumadin therapy. Is there somewhere that has a list of possible rides she could do. Is there a handicapped car in toy story that does not turn, or can she get off splash mountain before the drop? I know mission space has the not moving portion. :confused3

I have never heard of anyone riding Splash and getting off midway through the ride, so I think you will need to avoid that one altogether. I'm not sure what PE stands for. I am guessing Pulmonary Embolism??? Being a coumadin patient has no necessary ride restrictions, but DH does avoid coasters for the most part. I would check with her doctor to find out more specifics on what she should not do due to the PE. My guess is all coasters,Star Tours, Tower of Terror, and Splash Mountain would be out. Also Test Track if you are going when it is reopened. Possibly the teacups and Toy Story, but not sure on those two, as they are pretty mild. Good luck! Hopefully someone with PE experience will chime in. Prayers for your DD to have a speedy recovery.

Thanks, PE does stand for pulmonary embolus. She will have been on Coumadin for 9 weeks when we get to disney.

Yea, all coasters would be a no go but there is a lot more to do. I love Soarin' (which should be fine-very smooth movements).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter