Couldn't get an ADR, should I call back?

markm0926

Cast Member
There was actually 2 ADRs that I couldn't get for our vacation, Yak and yeti and LeCellier.

They were sold out for dinner for the whole week.

Is there a chance anything will free up if I call and check once in a while?

Thanks!

When is your vacation? Yak and Yeti I am surprized? But keep trying - Le Cellier will be difficult to get but I called at least 10 times over the last two months to get lunch there for a day in late June and I jut got it last night right at noon! So people do cancel- Just keep trying.

Yes, I would keep trying. People cancel all the time. I'd even try the day you arrive and also the day you want the ressie...you never know what might open up.

Keep calling for sure, this might sound crazy but call at 7 am ET, I live MT and have called at 5 am my time. Though it worked! They had cancellations that occured that night. Also mid afternoon is a great time to call. I think WDW-Dine has become a friend of mine

Definitely! Many people change their plans all the time. You may get lucky and call at the time someone is cancelling.

I've cancel reservations before that CM's said was immediately taken.

Just echoing what everyone else has said. Keep trying.

We weren't able to get LeCellier for any day the week that we are there (lunch or dinner). I have called at least once a day (sometimes 2 or 3 times) since booking our trip. Everytime I call the CM will tell me to keep trying.

Keep calling. I canceled a Le Cellier dinner for 4 because we decided to do the Pirate and Princess party one night so we could not make our ADR for Le Cellier. I am sure I made someone very happy :love: . Dont every give up!! Good Luck

You could try a different restaurant there are loads of great options!!! At Epcot you have loads of options like Biergaten, Marrakesh, Rose N Crown, Coral Reef, Akershuses, I won't say San Angel Inn ive only heard bad things, and so :) Animal kingdom is only good for breakfast aside from yak n yeti so i'd keep trying on that one:)

I am sort of in the same situation with Crystal Palace...cant get in at all and this is where the people I am going with had their hearts set on. I went ahead and made an ADR at the Plaza.

If I call and tell the CM about the situation, will they let me book if Crystal Palace opens up and then cancel the other ADR or will I get turned down immediately because of the ressie at the Plaza?:confused3

Definitely keep trying!! Persistence (and politeness) usually pays off. Do keep in mind that LeCellier is VERY popular but is also very small - that one may be more difficult. For the not-so-faint at heart, if you can't get and ADR, you may want to try the walk-up approach - sometimes the ADR numbers at wdwdine are skewed and there will actually be tables available. Keep at it...Y&Y will be worth the effort it takes to eat there!

Definitely keep trying! I've been calling every couple of days for the last month because we waited too long to make a Le Cellier ADR for our May trip. Lo and behold, last night there was one available!! :banana:

I am sort of in the same situation with Crystal Palace...cant get in at all and this is where the people I am going with had their hearts set on. I went ahead and made an ADR at the Plaza.

If I call and tell the CM about the situation, will they let me book if Crystal Palace opens up and then cancel the other ADR or will I get turned down immediately because of the ressie at the Plaza?:confused3

You won't be locked out. You can keep trying, once you get the ADR you want just tell the CM you want to cancel your reservation for the Plaza.

Absolutely keep trying !!! :thumbsup2

I've been trying to get an adr for Coral Reef for my trip in June and cms kept telling me nothing available:sad2:

Today during lunch at work thought I would try again and this time the cm was so nice, she offered me a choice of several dinner times on different dates during my trip. I was so excited, my ds really wanted to eat there.
:yay:

Only 50 more days till POR

I am cancelling a yak and yeti ressie on 8/31 would that help?

Thanks so much for the offer.
We decided to go with Tusker House for our AK day. We've never been there either and are looking forward to it.

I'll keep trying for LeCellier, but we have Le Chefs as our backup already booked.

Thanks to all for the replies!!

Le Cellier will probably open up. Once people start reading the recent bad reviews about it, people might cancel their ADR's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter