• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Could you pass on this deal?

Honestly, if I had just been in November and my DH was desperately wishing for an adults only trip then I'd be looking for cheap airfare somewhere that he would enjoy and we'd do a quick adult trip.

This may be my first time to quote myself. :-)

Just had another thought, though. How would he feel about an adult only trip to Disney? Cheap airfare, DVC room, food and wine at Epcot and no other parks, lots of lounging at the pool with cold adult beverages. I'm a teacher too. An all adult Food and Wine trip is in my future, for sure!

Just had another thought, though. How would he feel about an adult only trip to Disney? Cheap airfare, DVC room, food and wine at Epcot and no other parks, lots of lounging at the pool with cold adult beverages. I'm a teacher too. An all adult Food and Wine trip is in my future, for sure!

We did talk about this, especially since we were big Disney people before kids.

We will do something just the two of us in July - 10 year wedding anniversary :) I'm thinking warm sandy beaches, piña coladas... :)

Disney After Hours at the MK costing $149 pp, there's speculation that MNSSHP will end up being in that price range (or even more!).

1) They are gradually getting back to a PAID AFTER HOURS event.
. . . It used to cost $12, then $15, then $20 for Extra (Evening) Hours.
. . . They used to allow 5,000 tickets, then 15,000 tickets, then 25,000 tickets
. . . To get people to stay on-site, they included it in the room rate.
2) Now, with so many resorts having good occupancy, they will start to charge, again, for Extra Hours.
3) Together with the "probable" $15/night Resort Fee for on-site rooms, tis is just another revenue stream

1) They are gradually getting back to a PAID AFTER HOURS event.
. . . It used to cost $12, then $15, then $20 for Extra (Evening) Hours.
. . . They used to allow 5,000 tickets, then 15,000 tickets, then 25,000 tickets
. . . To get people to stay on-site, they included it in the room rate.
2) Now, with so many resorts having good occupancy, they will start to charge, again, for Extra Hours.
3) Together with the "probable" $15/night Resort Fee for on-site rooms, tis is just another money grab
I fixed it for you.

What your plans for the next 12 months for trips?
If you get annual passes for this trip you can use them for 12 months and maybe make it work...

Background:
We are DVC members and typically travel to Disney every other year, our last trip being November 2015. I was looking at our school calendar for 2015-2016 (DD5 and I are both in the same district) and we have a 4 day weekend the first weekend of Oct. For fun, I looked up airfare from 9/30-10/4 and can get round trip for $120/per person. I feel like this is unheard of and we should jump on it. Being DVC members we have points available and in the interest of being conservative I would get a studio as opposed to our usual 1 bedroom.

DH is of course pointing out that park tickets are still going to run us over $700, and we also need to factor in food.

All that being said - am I being blinded by the allure of great airfare? Or would you also be trying to make it work?

You have to look at the total cost. If you can afford it consider going. If it's going to put a burden on your family budget, don't go.

I couldn't That's why we have a 10 day trip booked in June. Wasn't planning on doing Disney this year One day, evil Southwest sent me an email fir$79 airfare from HOU/MCO. Of course I had to ask my dh if he had any vacation days in the bank. He said yup. Called DVC member services, booked flights, plus our 10 day NE pass with water parks, and viola! Our airfare for 3 will cost less than airfare for one from last year. We may do 1 or 2 park days, but just plan on chilling out. And just in time for the neighborhood beach bash.

Tickets and Food: What we did on our last six day Orlando budget trip was just do a park every other day: One MK day -- expensive $100 pp, but then two days at SeaWorld -- one day around $70 and second day deal within seven days before leaving the park which is just $10 or $15 pp. // Also, we did all breakfasts at the condo, did counter service when at the parks, some dinners in and some dinners at modest chains at Sweet Tomatoes, Steak n Shake, Olive Garden. On resort days we did swimming, tennis, family games, and did one day trip to Clearwater Beach. We had a rental car FYI. Just saying it was a fun week and a pretty budget friendly week. Of course, everyone has different priorities and things they like to do in Orlando. Just thought though I'd mention what we enjoyed and what was budget friendly for us.

Swan and Dolphin has a nice teacher discount and you can take a boat or walk to Epcot's International Gateway from there.

How about a trip without going to the parks. Just enjoy the resorts.

This is what we decided to do! Yesterday as I was stalking, I mean checking, airfare I noticed the flight home dropped down to $23!!! :scared1: So in total I paid $243 for 4 (with baby on lap) ROUNDTRIP. We are booked at SSR and look forward to spend a few days just enjoying being "home". Though we are considering doing the Halloween party at MK. And we are keeping it a surprise from dd(5), though I did ask her how she would feel about going to Disney and not doing the park and her eyes lit up and she said "yay! More time at the pool!"

This is what we decided to do! Yesterday as I was stalking, I mean checking, airfare I noticed the flight home dropped down to $23!!! :scared1: So in total I paid $243 for 4 (with baby on lap) ROUNDTRIP. We are booked at SSR and look forward to spend a few days just enjoying being "home". Though we are considering doing the Halloween party at MK. And we are keeping it a surprise from dd(5), though I did ask her how she would feel about going to Disney and not doing the park and her eyes lit up and she said "yay! More time at the pool!"
Wow, what a deal. Which airline?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter