Could you do Curves at home?

CrzyforPiglet

<font color=CC33FF>You bring a smile the to the Ta
A couple of weeks ago "Women's World" did an article on Curves and included a sample circuit with warm-up, a cool down, and 10 exercises done with an exercise tube and a chair. It says to do each 30 seconds and then alternate aerobic exercise and do a full cycle 3 times. I'm just wondering if you could really do it at home and get the same results? How would you best know when 30 seconds is up? I would really like to add some spice to my workout routine and this looks like just the ticket. I'm thinking I'm going to try it twice this week and see what happens but I'd still like to know what y'all think :D

Hi!

I am not sure you could do it at home. At Curves they have a CD player that every 30 seconds says...switch stations...or something like that....funny I never really listen to it, I just move on.

The machines are different type of workouts. Some of the machines work your arms or legs.

I think the hardest part would be watching the clock to see when 30 seconds is up. What about a timer?

The new hard-back book that just came out for Curves has detailed diagrams and explanations on how to do the exercises at home. I don't know if they explained how to get the timing down. You could probably do it - even if you had to pre-record some music with your own voice saying "30 seconds" or something like that.

I seriously doubt you could mimic the environment, equipment, and timing at home. Not without a great deal of effort. Half the fun and discipline is doing it with and seeing "others".

I have the new Curves book. I bought it because I thought "cool! I can do Curves at home on those days when I can't make it in during their limited hours!!!"

HA HA!!

The biggest thing is the way they wrap this tube thing around a chair it would probably take me the full 30 seconds just getting the thing in place and cross referencing it to the pic in the book!!

I know I'd give up on it in very short order!
I'd rather walk or dance with my kids on my non-Curves days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter