• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Could someone look at my plan of action for Nov. 17th-26th?

edk35

DIS Veteran
Thanks. I am planning the following for our 9 days. We are staying at SOG the first 7 nights and moving over to CS on Wed. Nov. 23rd. It is my husband, myself and our three kids ages 15, 11, 6

Arrive Orlando Wed. 16th at 9:00

Thursday 17th First Park Day MK We have 8:20 ARD at CP for breakfast then spend day/night at MK.

Friday 18th MGM til about 3:30 (probaby when HHDP is over or we might just watch it as we are walking toward gate) and boat over to EC for the rest of the night.

Sat. This day my parents arrive SOG around 1ish I am guessing. So we plan on going to EMH at AK and getting back to hotel around 2:00. Then after we get back and parents are checked in and settled, they get their tickets, we head to EC. For rest of evening.

Sunday. MK from open to about 3:00 then boat over to FW for 4:30 ARD at Trails End for early dinner. After that boat back to MK (they are open til 11:00) We plan on skipping first Spectro, riding rides and seeing Wishes and then riding a couple of things,heading toward entrance of MK toward flag pole to watch 2nd spectro and then get out quickly. I am guessing though...low crowds by then.

Monday MGM all day/night lunch at 11:00 at Primetime, do HHDP, Osborne Lights and we are on the fence about Fantasmic this trip> But there are two..so we would do 2nd one at 8:00 if we do it.

Tuesday EC til about 5:30 Lunch at Le Cellier at 2:20. Monorail back to MK for the rest of the night. We plan on just riding stuff while EVERYONE ELSE IS LINING UP FOR THE TWO SPECTROS/WISHES.

Wed. sleep in a bit, check out of SOG and transferr to CS. This is our down day so to speak. If we can check in, we will do pool time, lunch and later that afternoon/evening go to DTD. UNLESS WE DON'T GO TO SEA WORLD THE NEXT DAY. IF WE DON'T...WE PLAN ON GOING BACK TO EC. THen doing DTD on Thursday...Thanksgiving Day.

Thursday Sea World and dinner at Pepper Market. Unless we skip Sea World and just sleep in, have breakfast at hotel, pool time maybe again, DTD, eat at Pepper Market that night for dinner still even if we go to DTD.

Friday OUR LAST FULL DAY/NIGHT. We plan on doing EC all day/night. We are going to see the tree lighting, do the storytelling, go out back gate and walk along BW...maybe grab lunch out there. See special Illuminations that night. Just take it all in on the last night.

Sat. SLEEP IN, BREAKFAST AT HOTEL, Parents leave to go home. Our flight isn't until 5:40...being picked up at 3:30 so we thought after we check out, we would take bus to Blizzard Beach for mini golf game. Back to hotel, grab a quick bite before leaving for airport.

Looks good to me. Sounds like a little commando like but as far as I'm concerned that's a good thing. My motto is "bring it on", I can rest when I get back to work. Have a great time. SoG is one of the few resorts I have not stayed at. Unless you count when I was a kid and it was the Disney Inn. Maine :firefight

That is some schedule! You have obviously put a lot of time into thinking about & planning your trip. I honestly don't have a ton of feedback, but I always think it's a shame when someone goes to this kind of planning effort and doesn't get many responses.

I have to admit that I haven't been too active lately so I don't know all of the EMH times off the top of my head, but you only seem to mention EMH on one of your days. Not sure whether this means you are avoiding the EMH parks (which is something we usually do as we stay off-site) or whether you are planning on taking advantage of more EMH times than you indicate.

This schedule would be a little too aggressive for my family, but you know your family best. I really like your "down day" on Wednesday.

Have an awesome trip!!!

mtdevine615 said:
My motto is "bring it on", I can rest when I get back to work.

That is the best quote I have ever heard :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I think your plans are good but I think you will need a vacation from your vacation when you get home but that is not a bad thing. I will be doing the same thing!

Looks like a good plan to me. I noticed you seemed to go to the park that shows "Busiest" further from the Holiday, and around the Holiday, when the parks are busiest, you planned to go to Epcot, which seems to handle crowds well(ie-seem least crowded). Does that make any sense? Did you plan it that way? If so, good work! One other thing, on Sunday, when you're in the MK, look for the lime green Mickey head-that's our day there and we have ADR's at CRT for lunch.

We are avoiding the EMH'S THIS TRIP.............we are running to a not crowded park (hopefully)when everyone else is AT THE EMH'S. LOL

We always need a vacation from our WDW vacation. LOL My husband says he goes back to work TO REST. LOL WE suck every second we can out of the magic. LOL

I avoid the PARKS THAT I THINK THAT MOST PEOPLE WILL GO to due to holiday crowds or EMH's....I ARRANGE IT TO HIT THE prime spots early in our week before the Thanksgiving people get there.

Did the dates change for Osborne Lights? I thought they weren't showing until Wednesday, the 23rd....We'll be there that same week, so I am just wondering. Great intinerary though!

Looks good from a place perspective. It seems that you are super busy each day and have little time to rest, but if that is your style (it was ours before having a child) then great.

We are also going over the same dates although staying off site.

Is that one part day of AK enough for your family and is 3 part days of EC too much?

Jenn

Hi Jenn............AK is our least fave park. My parents said they are willing to not ever do it......and we were just there in Jan. and did IT ALL there. So we are going to go just for 1/2 day the day my parents arrive and then be done with it. WE LOVE EC and because we didn't do it as much in Jan. we want to do more. Even my kids ages 6, 11 and 15 love it. Plus we are only there ONE complete full day/night and then on Tuesday for a good bit of a day..the others are just hopping over mainly for evenings.......

We do the parks COMMANDO..although this trip we have a couple of days that we are doing NON PARK STUFF..like going to Sea World......we will not be rushing that day..basically just checking out a few things there. Thanks for the feedback. :)

You will be there the same time as us...Except we will be there in 2006. I am so worried about Thanksgiving crowds spoiling our trip. We are doing the cruise on Nov. 12 and then the parks starting on Thursday, the 16. We leave the day after Thanksgiving. I'm trying not to do Commando.

Wow, I like your plan of action. We will be there at the same time. This is our plan, if anyone is interested:
Driving from MD - 11/18 - 11/19 arriving Pop Century - a little rest, checking our the hotel
11/19 Late afternoon - Downtown Disney dinner at Earl of Sandwich and a special dessert at the Chocolate Factory
11/20 AK PS - Breakfastosaurus Dinner AK Lodge Boma
11/21 MK PS - Crystal Palace (dinner this time) we've also done breakfast
11/22 MK (I'm hoping to surprise my husband with Keys to the Kingdom Tour)
11/23 Epcot Future World lunch in Japan looking forward to Tempura
11/24 MGM Thanksgiving Lunch at the Brown Derby
Thanksgiving Dinner at Sci Fi - for a change
Of course our stroll through Osborne Lights - my absolute favorite activity
11/25/ Can't wait to wake up and feel like Christmas. In 96 when we did our trip at this time of year, it was amazing how everything turned into Christmas.
Epcot World Showcase - Really looking forward to Candlelight Procession with Rita Morena and dinner at Rose and Crown
11/26/ Try to see as much Christmas that we can see.
11/27 start back on that long trip home

Thanksgiving dinner at Sci-Fi sounds so cool! I wonder if they do anything "Thanksgiving-y". We have family with us who've never been to WDW-if it were just DH and I, he wanted to go to B&C!

What is the chocolate factory? Sounds interesting...

Jenn

Hi Sally.....WE TOO LIVE IN MD...............AND WE TOO HAVE DRIVEN TO WDW BEFORE but after flying this past Jan. WE WERE HOOKED. Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter