Could someone explain to me exactly how park purchase delivery (to resort) works?

Chelmarie53

Undercover Princess
I've never used this option before but plan on doing so this upcoming trip. :wizard:

--How does this system work? Do you have to fill out a form of some kind? Is it time consuming?

--Can you ship back ANY purchase (what about purchased ride photos---from TOT or RRC?)

--Is there a limit to how many purchases you can send back to your resort per day?

--I believe I read the purchases are shipped to your resort's gift shop? What is the time frame for this? Would you recommend this service?

Thanks! :goodvibes

--How does this system work? Do you have to fill out a form of some kind? Is it time consuming?

When you buy your stuff they will ask (or you can ask them) if you'd like it sent to the resort... you fill out a form there at the shop, and they attach it to the bag.

--Can you ship back ANY purchase (what about purchased ride photos---from TOT or RRC?)
I'm not sure on this one, as we didn't do any pictures... but I would think it is possible?

--Is there a limit to how many purchases you can send back to your resort per day?
Not that I know of! Each shop takes your purchases, so they wouldn't have an idea of how many you've bought throughout the day.

--I believe I read the purchases are shipped to your resort's gift shop? What is the time frame for this? Would you recommend this service?
They are sent to the gift shop, and require about 24 hrs (so you can't do it the last day you are there). They will give you a timeframe that the pkgs will be at the gift shop (like 'after 2:00pm tomorrow'). I highly recommend it, as it sure beats carrying bags around the park! Of course, it makes it very easy to keep buying stuff, since you aren't carry bags around the park (way to go Disney!) :rotfl:

We had our photo that was taken at Dinosaur (sp?) sent back to POP.

Yes there is a form to fill out, took less than a minute to do, very easy.

This is a handy service that they offer. Just make sure that it will be delievered before you leave. The CMs are pretty good at telling you when it will arrive at the hotel but using this service the day before you leave, you can miss the delievery.

If you can't have the package delivered to your room (say, because you're checking out before delivery or you've already checked out), you can have your purchases delivered to an area at the front of each park. Just pick it up before you go home.

How does this system work?
. . . pretty well

Do you have to fill out a form of some kind? Is it time consuming?
. . . shipping forms require 3-5 minutes for you to complete

Can you ship back ANY purchase (what about purchased ride photos---from TOT or RRC?)
. . . yes

Is there a limit to how many purchases you can send back to your resort per day?
. . . only limited by your budget
. . . and desire to stock up on WDW merchandise

I believe I read the purchases are shipped to your resort's gift shop?
. . . yes
. . . if staying Club Floor, the packages go directly to your room

What is the time frame for this?
. . . normally by 2:00pm the following day

Would you recommend this service?
. . . sure
. . . beats toting your stuff around all day

Don't forget the resort shops are open between 10:00 pm and 11:00 pm each night, so you don't have to feel like you have to rush back that night to get your packages, or go all the way over in the morning and all the way back to the room before you go to the parks.

They make it waaaaaay too easy!

Used it many times. Very convenient. Pictures can be delivered, as well as other park purchases and from DTD as well.

Didn't I read somewhere that they will not ship any food items (even sealed) back.
I want to say someone had mentioned getting candy from Goofy's store and they would not ship it... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter