Could I...

jodiey

Mouseketeer
I'm looking to book AKL 11/11-11/17. Tomorrow would be my 7 month mark. Couldn't I book today for 11/10-11/17 and then tomorrow modify the reservation to cancel 11/10? I have enough points to do so.

You can book up to 7 nights today and then call tomorrow to cancel 11/10 and add 11/17. You cannot book more than 7 nights at the 7 month window.

You can book up to 7 nights today and then call tomorrow to cancel 11/10 and add 11/17. You cannot book more than 7 nights at the 7 month window.
Well then couldn't I book the whole 11/10-11/17 today since that's 7 nights and then just cancel 11/10 tomorrow? By cancelling a night do they cancel and rebook or just modify existing?

Well then couldn't I book the whole 11/10-11/17 today since that's 7 nights and then just cancel 11/10 tomorrow?
Yes

By cancelling a night do they cancel and rebook or just modify existing?
If you call MS, they can modify the check-in date to shorten the reservation.

Well then couldn't I book the whole 11/10-11/17 today since that's 7 nights and then just cancel 11/10 tomorrow? By cancelling a night do they cancel and rebook or just modify existing?

11/10 - 11/17 is 8 nights. Perhaps you mean 11/10 - 11/16, checking out on the 17th. That would be fine because it is only 7 nights but since they always refer to nights in the hotel and timeshare business it would be called 11/10 - 11/16. Just semantics I guess. Sorry if I misunderstood.

11/10 - 11/17 is 8 nights. Perhaps you mean 11/10 - 11/16, checking out on the 17th. That would be fine because it is only 7 nights but since they always refer to nights in the hotel and timeshare business it would be called 11/10 - 11/16. Just semantics I guess. Sorry if I misunderstood.
Yes sorry, that's what I meant, we are checking out on 11/17. I'm a newbie to DVC so I need to learn the terminology I guess lol

This is referred to as walking a reservation.

Not really. They are just cancelling a night at the beginning. Walking involves cancelling the night at the beginning and adding a night at the end. Then repeating until you get to the check-in day you want.

Not really. They are just cancelling a night at the beginning. Walking involves cancelling the night at the beginning and adding a night at the end. Then repeating until you get to the check-in day you want.
I think that's still considered walking. You're booking a day ahead so you can capture days not yet available to you. It's just a very short walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter