• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Could I do it in 2.5 days?

mariolatry

DIS Veteran
I'm preparing for my "Mom Solo" trip and my original plan was to arrive early Thursday AM, tour Thurs/Fri/Sat, and return home Sunday midday. Now I'm worried that I'll miss my DD too much. Would it be worth my while to try and return home Saturday night or would that be too big a chunk out of my touring schedule? Coming and going always takes longer than I think, what with waiting for shuttles and getting to the airport early and everything.

FWIW, I'll be travelling by myself, probably staying at the Candy Cane or Anabella, and this will be my first DL visit (been to WDW many times however).

I just did a solo trip, arrived Sat afternoon, was in the parks the rest of Sat, all day Sun, then half of Monday, leaving around 3pm. It was plenty of time and I did everything I wanted to do. However, I do have a DL AP and this was my 5th trip this year, but first solo. So I am pretty familiar with the parks.

You can do it in 2.5 days, but you'll probably feel rushed. If you can stand it, then I'd say return Sunday. Only you can decide how you'll feel being away.

Without kids in tow, I would say 2 1/2 days is probably ok. You wont need to take big nap breaks, you'll be able to skip things that dont interest you, etc. I went with two other women in May. No kids. We were there Friday and Saturday. We did most of the two parks in those two days. The next morning I went by myself for a few hours. In the first hour I rode: Peter Pan, Dumbo, Casey Jr, Indy, Space mountain and Big Thunder. I then had time to ride the horse drawn car up main street, take pic's of the castle, meet Mary Poppins and Burt, and get a cinnamon roll. Two hours and I done all of that! It's amazing what you can do when you are alone. I would love to go back for a solo trip!

Yes! You could do it as long as you got there early and took advantage of FastPass. I would pass on the Annabella and stay at the CCI so you will have quick easy access to the park. Even if you don't use the shuttle, the walk is only about 8 minutes tops! Or better yet, try the Best Western Park Place Inn directly across the entrance.

What I wouldn't give to have just 2 1/2 days at DL alone-lol. Hopefully, you will have many years ahead of you to come back with your dd! Oh, and I agree, she is soo soo cute!

You definitely can do DL in 2.5 days. And like others have recommended, definitely use Fastpass. Remember that fastpasses at DL never expire. They have an expiration time on them, but CMs will take those fastpasses even after the stated expiration time. They will not, however, take them before they are valid. So long as you return to the ride AFTER the valid time, you can use them any other time during the day.

Depends on how rushed you want to be. If you have an idea as to what you wanna do and take advantage of fast passes then you should be fine. If you had kids it would defiantely make you drag your feet.

I think you can do it shorter, just plan what you want to do, and go for it. That way you won't spend Sunday thinking, I could be home with my kid. It's hard to take a break, but it will be worth it, you will be well refreshed when you get home. and if you are missing her just buy her a present.

I think you can definitely do it--no problem. Even at the busiest times of year, I've fit in everything in 2 1/2 days--and that's with other people in tow!

My advice is to get a copy of the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland and follow one of their tour plans. Get there early and use the afternoons for a little down time (take in a show, take a nap, sit and people watch, etc.)

Have a wonderful trip! I'd love to go down there by myself some time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter