Could FP+ Ruin my experience?

What time did your shuttle arrive??? Unless you are arriving at the park well after noon, and outside of Chistmas week, it's unlikely FP's for TSMM were gone. Very late & possibly undesirable return times, definitely, but outside of extreme crowd days FPs tend to be available at least until early afternoon in *my* experience. We are hit/miss with RD but we've always managed to pull FPs for TSMM unless we get to HS at 3pm. I think it's an exaggeration to say that unless you hit RD you stand no chance of getting a FP for TSMM.

Actually our shuttle dropped us at Epcot only and didn't get there til 10.30... by the time we got to TSMM any fast passes available might only be for 8pm at night, our hotel shuttle was provided on the proviso that you pre-booked your return time...from Epcot... and left exactly on time at either 6pm, 8.30 or 10.30.

If we had booked either of the first 2 pick up times then we were pretty much not going to be able to get a FP, if we had booked the later pick up it was probably because we had planned to go see Wishes, Illuminations, Fantasmic or a parade...

Just a thought if I bring my iphone to the parks even though I am international and can't get a cell phone signal can I pick up wifi on my phone and use MDE that way? Is there wifi in the parks? I could switch my iphone to use wifi only and amend fastpass+ etc.

Actually our shuttle dropped us at Epcot only and didn't get there til 10.30... by the time we got to TSMM any fast passes available might only be for 8pm at night, our hotel shuttle was provided on the proviso that you pre-booked your return time...from Epcot... and left exactly on time at either 6pm, 8.30 or 10.30.

If we had booked either of the first 2 pick up times then we were pretty much not going to be able to get a FP, if we had booked the later pick up it was probably because we had planned to go see Wishes, Illuminations, Fantasmic or a parade...

You need a different resort. Or a rental car. Or a few bucks for a taxi.

You need a different resort. Or a rental car. Or a few bucks for a taxi.

My thoughts exactly.....

So FPs WERE available for the ride but the return times didn't fit your touring schedule and/or you CHOSE to see another show like Fantasmic instead.

We often CHOOSE to skip Fantasmic in order to make RD to ensure that we can ride TSMM. It's all about choices. For every attraction that we prioritize, there's another one we are missing.

Just a thought if I bring my iphone to the parks even though I am international and can't get a cell phone signal can I pick up wifi on my phone and use MDE that way? Is there wifi in the parks? I could switch my iphone to use wifi only and amend fastpass+ etc.

I'm pretty sure there is wifi in the parks BUT that it's unreliable. I could be wrong, I haven't tried to use it so I don't have any personal experience.

It's not either/or. Think of the "advance" people the same as the people who rush to Soarin or TSM. After the first half hour or so, the lines die down to normal levels, and FPs are available for the non-rushers.

I see no reason there won't still be many FPs available for the non-planners.

The problem I see is that now instead of fastpasses running out by noon for TSM, they will run out before the day even starts because they've all been reserved in advance. Now, once FP+ is out of testing and there are no regular FP anymore, if I'm not on the computer at the right time 2 months ahead, we will have to stand in that 2 hour line I always see. The old FP worked because you could get an unlimited amount and figure out your day the day of and according to what the FP return times were. Now, I have to figure out my whole day 2 months in advance. I actually do make an itinerary and love to plan. But now I feel we are losing what little flexibility we had. Another benefit was not everyone took advantage of FP and thought you either had to stay on-site or pay extra to use it. While I would be happy to explain it to them, other's ignorance is to my benefit. Now with FP+, all guests booking any kind of package are being told about it, so now everyone will be using it! :sad:

Had to register just for this thread.

Am I the only one who has no idea what rides I'm going to be riding 60 days in advance?

I generally don't even know what park I'm going to be in the next day until the night before, let alone when I want to do what rides!

The spontaneity of saying, "Yea, I think I feel like going to Epcot today", or "I think I'm going to go ride Tower of Terror for an hour tonight" or "I think today I'm going to lounge by the pool for the morning" is the only way of keeping Disney somewhat relaxing and stress-free while enjoying all the great things there, IMO. I don't want to be tied down to my own plans on vacation!!!

Is Disney purposefully trying to make vacations to Disney World more stressful?

Nope. Not the only one. I've said it before on the fp+ threads (and even on this one!) We don't WANT to plan what rides we'll be riding at what time 2 months before our trip! We loosely have an idea of what parks we'll be in on what days during our trip (based mostly on EMH) but that's it. We don't always buy hoppers, but fp+ almost forces you into them. :sad2:

As a DVC member... I book accommodations as far in advance as possible... I also book airfare as far in advance as possible. I unfortunately have to do this with Disney dining... But only at an absolute minimum. I pay OOP so I only book one TS meal a day. I really dislike being put in a position to decide what park for what day at 6 months out. The position of course is the convenience of eating at a specific restaurant. BOG for example.

Now add attractions to the planning process???

I can plan our allotted 3 FP+ a day... But with all the variables (weather, ride refurbishment, ride downtime, timing for ADRs, availability, etc etc etc) I just don't see how this new system will be beneficial to our style of touring. We can easily acquire and use more than 3 FPs a day with current system.

OTOH, maybe FP+ will fix the crazy RD scene. TSMM... maybe we could actually ride two times in a row without running to it at RD. And maybe the SB line won't be 90 minutes long 30 mins after opening.

If people have their FP+ scheduled for later on in the day, what's the incentive to race to a park at opening? Except of course to take advantage of short lines at opening. Maybe these short(er) lines will last longer into the morning?

As a DVC member... I book accommodations as far in advance as possible... I also book airfare as far in advance as possible. I unfortunately have to do this with Disney dining... But only at an absolute minimum. I pay OOP so I only book one TS meal a day. I really dislike being put in a position to decide what park for what day at 6 months out. The position of course is the convenience of eating at a specific restaurant. BOG for example.

I can plan our allotted 3 FP+ a day... But with all the variables (weather, ride refurbishment, ride downtime, timing for ADRs, availability, etc etc etc) I just don't see how this new system will be beneficial to our style of touring. We can easily acquire and use more than 3 FPs a day.

OTOH, maybe FP+ will fix the crazy RD scene. TSMM... maybe we could actually ride two times in a row without running to it at RD. And maybe the SB line won't be 90 minutes long 30 mins after opening.

If people have their FP+ scheduled for later on in the day, what's the incentive to race to a park at opening? Except of course to take advantage of short lines at opening. Maybe these short(er) lines will last longer into the morning?

I'm confused. How is FP+ going to allow you to ride TSMM twice in a row without being there at rope drop?

I'm confused. How is FP+ going to allow you to ride TSMM twice in a row without being there at rope drop?

No... I'd still be there at rope drop. All the people with their FP+ reservations later in the day won't be though! :)

How is this speculation when it's what's been written in the terms & conditions and what's been true in the testing?

Yes, Disney could change any of it if they want to at any time...but that doesn't make it speculation now. The speculation is that they could/will change it...

The speculation was about the number of FPs per attraction, per day. I've seen plenty of posts in other threads trying to guess, so I know it's a purposefully unknown number.

I can plan our allotted 3 FP+ a day... But with all the variables (weather, ride refurbishment, ride downtime, timing for ADRs, availability, etc etc etc) I just don't see how this new system will be beneficial to our style of touring. We can easily acquire and use more than 3 FPs a day with current system.

No... I'd still be there at rope drop. All the people with their FP+ reservations later in the day won't be though! :)

Unless the FP+ return time start at park opening. Right now the earliest FP return I've seen is 9:45. That is 45 minutes of only SB line riding so that makes it pretty easy to get one ride done quickly at RD. What is it going to do to the time if there are 50 or 100 people already in front of you before then even open the gates if they do this. I know you will still be able to do SB first thing but it does make you wonder how long it will take if Disney in fact does this. I have no idea if they will start FP+ at 9 a.m.

Unless the FP+ return time start at park opening. Right now the earliest FP return I've seen is 9:45. That is 45 minutes of only SB line riding so that makes it pretty easy to get one ride done quickly at RD. What is it going to do to the time if there are 50 or 100 people already in front of you before then even open the gates if they do this. I know you will still be able to do SB first thing but it does make you wonder how long it will take if Disney in fact does this. I have no idea if they will start FP+ at 9 a.m.

True and it remains to be seen-but I'm guessing if a guest has a 9AM FP+ for TSM-and they are the first ones to TSM, they will ride it SB and save the FP+ at least a bit.

Likewise, some guests will over sleep and miss it anyway.

Truthfully, we just don't know. They might hold back fastpasses and also fewer people might use FP+ than we expect. Maybe it'll work out OK.

Right now (for the testing anyways) fastpass+ times do start at 9:00am.

I've seen a lot of sample itineraries that start at 9. I think the rope drop advantage won't be so great anymore. Still better than coming later I would think, but not as good as in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter