Couch25K App

princessbee

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!
Hey everyone--my dogs, fiancee, and I are embarking (once again) on a Couch25K journey and I wanted to know if any of you have used the app. What is it like, how has it helped you (or hindered you), and... do you want to be my friend on it? ;) Thank you!

I use the Zenlab C25k app. It does what I want it to do, which is give me audible cues to tell me when to run or walk. It doesn't track pace or distance, but I'm okay with that. I use iSmoothrun to track all that.

I just downloaded the jeff galloway one and seem to like that better than the 2 mentioned on here. gives cues and tracks :) I just started with it though, so may hate it in a few weeks lol

I used the Zen Labs one as well. The 5k worked great because I just needed the audible cues. I also moved up to the 10k which is more sensitive to the point where I have to be careful not to rub up against the touch screen. The advantage to me is that it was free.

I used the active.com one which gave audible cues but also listed pace and miles on the screen. If you don't want to look at it, it is easy to avoid. But if you do, it is nice to see how far you have ran.

If you run on a treadmill it will still give you audible cues but it will not track your mileage....the treadmill will though...then you can log it at the end of your workout.

I use the one by active and I love it. Mostly because when i did C25K without it i was obsessing about the time. Apparently there are several different styles of "coaches" you can have, I have the nice encouraging lady. Not so sure it measures milage accurately, but I have other aps I use for that. Also, it has it's own music player

I also used the Zenlabs app. It took me a few tries to finally complete the program but I felt such a sense of accomplishment once I broke through and did it!

I also use the Zenlab C25k app - I liked the free version so I paid for the premium version (I think the benefit is no ads? Not even sure - I'm just happy to pay for apps that work well and provide something of value that I want! I use Map My Run for saving time/pace/routes/etc. They play well enough together with my Fitbit and MyFitnessPal.

I used the active.com version and loved it, there is a free version but I believe the premium is only a buck or two and gives you a few more options

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter