Costumes for the Sept. MNSSHP Dates?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by gemologygal, Jul 16, 2012.

1. gemologygal

gemologygal Mouseketeer

We'll be going to our first MNSSHP in September and I was curious to see if people get as dressed up in costumes when it's September as opposed to dates in October since those are closer to Halloween. We're still figuring out what to do and I wanted to get a general idea from the experts. Thanks! :wave2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

I've only been to two late September party and while folks did dress up, there weren't as many as in mid-October.

4. gemologygal

gemologygal Mouseketeer

That's what I was assuming! Thanks! I think DH and I might wear Halloween-themed matching shirts... just have to find one we both like.

5. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

Just to clarify, you'd fit in with or without a costume! :)

6. chimilady

chimilady DIS Veteran

We're going mid September and plan on wearing a costume.

7. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

I don't wear a costume for the September parties, only because every one I have been to it has been HOT and HUMID (even at night).We wear Halloween themed tshirts more often than not

8. katt789

katt789 DIS Veteran

I was there in Sept last year in costume, and this year have 2 parties in Sept and will be dressed up for both!

Sept 14: my mom & I will be Alice & the Queen of Hearts

Sept 18th: a friend and I will be Tinkerbell & Periwinkle

I couldn't compare it to Oct, but there were quite a bit of people who were dressed up last year, both kids and adults, and in my opinion, it adds to the experience if you're dressed up, especially if you're a character meeting person, the interactions are great!

9. TXHauntedMansionFan

TXHauntedMansionFan Tomb Sweet Tomb

We've been both in Sept and Oct and there have been many people in costumes at both. We will be attending one of the parties during the first week of Oct this month and we plan to be dressed up again.

10. Jennasis

Jennasis DIS life goes on

Ww are going in September and will be wearing a costume.

11. AgentR

AgentR Undercover

It will be my first time going, and I will definitely wear a costume. However, my costume is more like normal clothes. I will be going as Mr. Smee, which is basically a striped shirt, shorts, glasses, sandals, and a pirate hat. There are characters where the clothing matches the weather. :)

12. Buckimion

Buckimion Purple Heart Park Commando

I've got a pirate t-shirt costume with hat and boot tops. Not over-the-top but still something.

13. Jimmysmom0703

Jimmysmom0703 Mouseketeer

Im going on sept 14th too!! My son is going to b jake n I'm going as Izzy!!

14. caybean

caybean Mouseketeer

My three girlfriends and I went last September and went as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... and went with a group as the Peanuts characters two years ago in September too.. plenty of other people were dressed up... just be sure to pick costumes that aren't too hot!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Iwant2BAprincess

Iwant2BAprincess DIS Veteran

Costumes all the way!!! We attended our first party in Sept '06 and Dh and I just did shirts but dressed up the kiddos. I was fine till I hit main street and felt like I was totally missing out of the fun when I saw how many adults were in costume. Since then we are in full costumes (much to the dismay of DH who swears he is going to go as Tarzan one of these years:upsidedow)

16. Claire-Bear

Claire-Bear DIS Veteran

We're going to our first mnsshp on 11 sep and we are dressing up :goodvibes

17. jcemom

jcemom Official Tag Fairy Assistant

We're going in September. I think we're going to do something really simple. I noticed that Claire's has some Halloween stuff out, and the ladybug/bumblebee sets caught my eye. They have wings and antenna that we could wear with black shorts and tee shirts, or even tank tops.

If not that, we're thinking something along those lines.

18. littlewitch34

littlewitch34 DIS Veteran

I'm going on 9/18 and I'm wearing a costume, and so is my friend I'm going with. I've always wanted to celebrate Halloween on my birthday (9/19) so this is the closest I can get!