• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Costumes for HOTHS

JandJ

<font color=darkorchid>If I close my mind in fear
DH and I are going on our first Disney cruise and we unknowingly booked HOTHS. I'm excited as I love Halloween, but I have a question about costumes. Because we have friends who host a huge Halloween party every year we have a lot of great costumes, but only one is Disney themed. Will we be out of place in non-Disney costumes? I'm guessing most people will be in Disney themed costumes, but I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with HOTHS and non-Disney costumes.

I know that on our last HOTHS cruise in Oct 2022, a lot of people did pirate themed outfits and used them as a 2 for 1. Halloween costume & pirate night covered. And I don't see pirates as exclusive to Disney. There were some AMAZING Disney costumes - we did not dress - but our 14 yo is "too cool" for that and our 10 yo daughter felt odd dressing up when I wasn't. So we opted not to dress. I think no matter what you choose - you will be 100% fine.

We've seen other costumes on previous HOTHS besides Disney, but they were fun, funny, cute, or spectacular. Nothing too heavy or scary like zombies or Freddy (Nightmare on Elm Street). Some adult couples had simple: peanut butter /jelly, Rum/Coke shirts, or costumes. You'll be fine and have a great time.

we went on a HOTHS cruise pre covid and wore costumes that were not Disney themed. I was a gender bent Dr. Horrible and hubs was Captain Hammer. I think one cast member recognized who we were dressed as. Many people did think my hubs was supposed to be "fix it Felix" rofl

Wear the costumes you want and just have fun!

Right now we are planning non-Disney costumes for HOTHS. I’m letting my 2 year old (who will be 3 on the ship) pick what she wants to be and then I’m gonna try to match. For the past couple months she has said she wants to be baby shark and I’ll be mommy shark….hopefully she stays with that cause my costume will be an easy zip up sweatshirt

My dad dressed as Dracula, I dressed as Mavis and my husband as Jonathan. Then my two kids were Merida and Princess Sofia. Everyone thought it was great!

Thank you so much for your replies - you've made me feel a lot better about going in a non-Disney themed costume!

The two I did I did pirate since Halloween & pirate night overlapped and than the next one I had a Sally dress from dress shop

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter