Costumes available at Disneyworld

poppins06

Earning My Ears
Hi,
For anyone that has been costume shopping at WDW area recently, have you seen Lucy P (Narnia) costume available for purchase? I'm not confident that my daughters Lucy costume will arrive in time for our MNSSHP trip and am considering cancelling the order if we can purchase when we get there.

Have been waiting two weeks. Get mixed answers from Disneydirect on when it will ship.

Thanks!

Good luck... we ordered our Susan from Narnia costume from disneyshopping.com on August 4 and it still hasn't arrived!! I keep getting mixed messages from them too. We leave October 18 and want to have our costume to go to our character meals with the princesses. I bet they don't have them in the stores. Their supplier probably hasn't been able to get them to Disney. Again, good luck.....

We ordered the Lucy costume from disneyshopping last week and it's on backorder, too. Thank goodness we are doing something different for MNSSHP and we don't need Lucy until Halloween - but I'm still sweating its arrival!

I dont recall seeing any of these costumes while at WDW this past month.
The typical princesses, tink, pirates, Peter Pan were the costumes that I saw while at Disney.

I was looking for something for my kids while there too and saw nothing extraordinary.

Good luck with your costumes!

AB&Me said:
We ordered the Lucy costume from disneyshopping last week and it's on backorder, too. Thank goodness we are doing something different for MNSSHP and we don't need Lucy until Halloween - but I'm still sweating its arrival!

Yesterday I was told they now expect to ship 10/8. They must have had an imported load that we severly delayed. We had to cancel the order since we leave on 9/29 and would not have it in time for MNSSHP. Why did they not plan better on this?

I called World of Disney in DTD two months ago to see if they had a costume I could purchase over the phone with a credit card & have it shipped to me and the cast member told me that they DO NOT sell any costumes on Disney property. I'm not sure if she's right or not, but that's what she said. :confused3

I asked last week at my local Disney Store if they sold costumes in the park and she said YES......

Now I am wondering if she really knew.....

ANYONE who was there recently...what did you see??

Thanks!

From what I understand, you can get costumes at the World of Disney near the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and at Tink's Treasures in the Magic Kingdom. Not sure about anywhere else......

Mitchel'sMom said:
I called World of Disney in DTD two months ago to see if they had a costume I could purchase over the phone with a credit card & have it shipped to me and the cast member told me that they DO NOT sell any costumes on Disney property. I'm not sure if she's right or not, but that's what she said. :confused3

What about these posts about Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique where people mention buying a costume? I hope someone chimes in.

Mitchel'sMom said:
They have costumes all over the place (as of last week). We saw costumes in all kinds of shops at every park and at DTD...including carts! However, it's also getting closer to Halloween so I am betting they are more out there because of that.
However, even aside from Halloween, costumes have been available at WDW. My DH and I always saw them at the Emporium on Main Street because we'd always go over there to comment on them. And we always saw them at World of Disney. We were you looking for a particular costume? It's possible they were out of the one you were looking for and the CM was thinking of that specific costume and not just costumes in general.

poppins06 said:
Yesterday I was told they now expect to ship 10/8. They must have had an imported load that we severly delayed. We had to cancel the order since we leave on 9/29 and would not have it in time for MNSSHP. Why did they not plan better on this?
It's not really Disney's fault. The supplier did not get the costumes to Disney on time. I work at the Disney Store and right now we have only one Narnia costume. We were supposed to get others, but we're facing the same problems that Disneyshopping.com is facing and we're not even owned by the same people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter