Costumes at Disney Store 33% off

lauraljp

Mouseketeer
I was at our local Disney Store today and all costumes and accessories were 33 percent off. Check it out if you are still looking.

Anyone know if they go 50% off after Halloween?

Happy Shopping!!

UUGGHH! This always happens when I buy ahead. For some reason, I didn't think the costumes went on sale. (WRONG!)

I've seen costumes 1/2 price, in like July, not sure what they do before halloween. Wonder if I brought the stuff back if they would offer return? I bought Snow White princess (34.00), and Cinderella (34.00), and two magic wands at 12.00 a pop.

sigh...

I think if you bring the costumes back before Haloween with the tags still attached they may be able to do something for you. I know they changed their policy on returns on the Haloween costumes last year. You could always call and ask, it couldn't hurt.

I got DS an adorable Eeyore costume on Sunday at TDS...33% off + DC discount and it came down from $34.50 to $20.++. DH was very impressed when he wrote the check to pay, lol!

I'm like you, Ithastobe. I purchased my 4 yr old DS's costume last week BEFORE the 33% off sale. The upside of buying early: you can find the size you need. The downside: you usually end up paying more.

On the other hand, I have a Winnie the Pooh Pumpkin plush costume that I purchased for my then-2-month old DS LAST year for 90% off!! No kidding. The pumpkin Pooh costume originally sold for $22.95 at TDS and I picked it up for a little more than $2. (I bought a honey pot costume as well. I couldn't decide between the two, and at that price, didn't think twice about buying both!!) I knew my DS would be a 12-18 mo. size, so it was easy buying ahead. I think the sale was in early November. They were trying to clear things out for Christmas and I believe the costumes were those that Disney has retired as I haven't seen the pumpkin or honey pot costumes in the recent catalog.

Ithastobe,

You can return the costumes and accessories. If you still have your original receipt you will get back what you paid for them. You cannot, however, return them and buy them back at the current sale price in the same transaction. Most stores usually hold returned merchandise for 24 hours before they put it back on the floor.

If you bought them within 7 seven days, TDS will do a price adjustment for you.

Go to your DS and buy what they have on sale, then return the full-priced stuff next time you go.

We had bought a costume and then a couple of weeks later it was on sale. It had been more than the seven days as stated on the receipt, but I asked anyway. Much to my liking, the manager said to adjust it because otherwise I would just return the other one. Yep, it was true, I would have. (I had it in the car just in case). I was very happy they saved us both some work and adjusted it for me.

Originally posted by Fox&Hound
I'm like you, Ithastobe. I purchased my 4 yr old DS's costume last week BEFORE the 33% off sale. The upside of buying early: you can find the size you need. The downside: you usually end up paying more.

Yes, the sizes do tend to run out if you wait too long. A lot of stores have run out the past couple of weeks. Just an FYI if anyone is having a hard time locating specific costumes and sizes.... The store in Vernon Hills, IL still has a huge supply of pretty much everything. They were not included in any sales..... until this morning. Costumes are now 50% off! Of course, we all know how Disney loves to change promos as the wind changes, so no gaurantees how long. If you're desperate for something in particular, give them a call: 847-549-1070. Please be patient with the phones... it's been VERY hectic! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter