• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Costume size up age 12

Jasmine2013

Earning My Ears
Do they sell costumes up to size 12 at the disney parks shops because I will want to buy an costume(e.g. Disney Princess or Disney Characters) to take home with me as an Souvenir. Also do the sell costumes in Mickey Gallery at Disneyland Hotel. Also witch part of disneyland hotel is East Plaza Shop & West Plaza Shop.

I just been on Ebay and see and Stitch and Pluto Costume(lilo and stitch costume Disneyland Paris Exclusive Genuine Disneyland Paris Pluto Dressing up costume) do the still have these costumes in the parks shop and in the disneyland hotel shops plus what age and size to these costumes go up to.

Please answer ASAP.

I might be wrong here but I believe that only guests under the age of nine are permitted to wear costumes at DLP and so the stores do not sell Disney Princess dresses or character costumes in sizes over the age of 8.

I don't look at the princesses dress while I'm in the park as I think they would look a bit silly on a bloke my age :)

To be honest it's much cheaper to buy a costume in the UK and take with you then buy one in the parks.

There is only one shop in the Disneyland Hotel in Paris, it's up the grand staircase and turn right over the bridge towards Café Fantasia and the California Grill and Inventions restaurants.

They used to sell princess dresses in size age 11-12, I remember this because my DD had to buy this size even though she was only 8 and she wasn't that big for her age! Parisian sizes are really small, if they do still sell them in this size you'd be lucky to get it to fit anyone bigger than the average nine year old.

Check out the Disney Store UK online as they sometimes have adult costumes on there or else buy one off ebay. As Jonjo says the reason they don't sell them in the parks is because they don't want adults wearing them and causing unnecessary upset and confusion - I think I've read the age limit for children dressing in them is 9 or 10, although I don't think there'd be a problem with for example an 11 or 12 year old dressing up, but most definitely not an adult.

I'm wondering if the shops you're referring to are the ones as you exit the park - the ones where they usually have the sale stuff?

I don't look at the princesses dress while I'm in the park as I think they would look a bit silly on a bloke my age :)
:rotfl:

Reminds me of when DS2 was 10 (so 7 years ago) and he bought a Jack sparrow costume. We had tried to dissuade him knowing that the age of wanting to dress up was fast disappearing but it was his money and was what he really wanted at the time. He had to buy an age 12 although he was one of the smallest in his class at the time (but no longer!) and got the wig and hat too. He then wore it in the park and I remember a pair of small children seeing him and running after him until their mother saw what was happening and called out to them that it was just another little boy not the real JS. :eek: DS never wore it again after that although I tried it on once and it fitted perfectly so if I am ever asked to a fancy dress party I know where to dig out a costume! :rotfl:

Funnily enough he had to dress up for red nose day today at school and went as a very handsome looking Indiana Jones. Very reluctantly he let me take a photo to send to his sister but it would be more than my life is worth to put it on here. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter