Costume ideas

princess jackie

DIS Veteran
We will be going to MNSSHP on September 27th and nobody can agree on what we should all wear. We all agree that we should all be dressed the same or in the same theme. Here is who's going, DS2, DS7, DH and me (late 30's) My mom and dad (late 50's). My mom doesn't want to wear anything too constricting and she is opting for us just wearing all Wisconsin shirts. My dad wants to be creative but doesn't know what he wants. DS7 wants to be a pirate and bring his Cpt Jack hat but I don't want to carry it around the whole time (which WILL happen 10 seconds after we get into the park). DH has no ideas :rolleyes1 and I want it to be perfect :confused3 so now we are at a stand still. Any ideas would be great!

What is everyone else wearing?

A very easy costume for a whole family is the Incredibles. My friend and her husband and five kids did this last Halloween, and they looked really cute.

Wow, that's tough when you all want the same theme or costume but no one can agree! Have you tried googling to find costumes on a similar theme?

I'll be wearing my Jedi costume. I have others I would like to wear, but since it's supposed to be not-so-scary, the Jedi wins out. I'm probably going to wait until the last minute to decide if I'm wearing the robe. If it's too humid out it will stay home.

My sister is still up in the air (we have to make hers and she needs to decide quickly). She's leaning towards Mon Mothma or a Jawa without the mask (just using face paint.)

we are going Sept 23rd and its my husband and I, DS7, DS almost4, my mom, stepmom, and aunt. we are all going to be pirates. nothing too crazy for costumes. My husband has a pirate costume T from Disney Store and a bandana... Im wearing black goucho capris and a striped tank with a bandana, the kids have actual pirate costumes (ones a buchaneer and ones a ghost pirate) and the grandmas/aunt just have some pirate accesories.. (my mom is wearing the Jack Sparrow hat/wig) lol.. we are also staying at CBR in a Pirate room so it seemed fitting with the theme of the trip :)

What about doing MickeyMouse Club shirts? You can get the emblem printed on the shirt then your names on the back. Once you get to the party (or even beforehand I don't know what your schedule is like) you can purchase some Mickey ears hats!
OR-Walmart is doing a big thing right now with M&Ms. You could all get shirts in different M&m colors and wear some white gloves and light brown shorts (like their legs)
OR- go as a baseball team. Get your fave team's shirts and wear them. Maybe have your son carry a plastic bat around too. Maybe one of you could be the ump too.
Hope this helps! Have a great vacation and a great time at the party.

We are thinking about being cowboys/cowgirls. Just plaid shirts, jean shorts/pants, and cowboy hats.

I love all the ideas! Thanks so much. DH and DS7 are huge Star Wars fans so we could maybe go that route. I know my son has a Captain Rex costume. He also has a Captian Jack costume and a really old Captian Hook costume that my younger son could probably fit into. I'll have to get all your ideas together and have a family meeting. Thanks again! I love hearing about everyone's costumes!

WHICH RESORT ARE YOU STAYING AT? YOU MAY WANT TO DRESS LIKE CUB SCOUTS IF YOUR STAYING AT THE WILDNERNESS LODGE; YOU CAN GET CHEAP SCOUTING SHIRTS AT A THRIFT SHOP AND KHACKY PANTS TOO.

tHE INCREDIBLES IDEA IS GOOD TOO.

Last year, I was a pirate. I got a cute costume online...and then twenty-five other girls and ladies had the same exact one. I didn't feel that special.

This year, I'm going as Ariel in her Kingdom tour dress. My mom's made my costume and it's perfect (and almost finished). My backup is Amy Pond from Doctor Who

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter