• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Costco

I’m looking to book Dolphin for next September for my husband’s and my 10-year wedding anniversary (no kids on this trip). I like that Costco is currently offering a double room upgrade (from traditional to balcony vs their typical single upgrade from traditional to resort view). I even know which room I want to request. My only trepidation is that they only have a nonrefundable rate. Before the current offering the rate was refundable minus park tickets I think up to 5 days prior to arrival. The savings are great but the uncertainty of what could happen next year is unnerving. I guess I need to research trip insurance now. 🥴

I pulled the trigger and booked Dolphin Labor Day week through Costco. After looking at the room options I noticed that the refundable rate was available for not a terrible amount more. I’m looking forward to a wonderful stay with my DH for our anniversary!

Just booked a package thru Costco at Caribbean Beach with tickets included. Got the two separate emails with the hotel and ticket confirmation numbers. Hotel confirmation linked in MDE no problem, but ticket confirmation would not link. In the booking information from Costco, it tells you to link your tickets so you can do your park reservations ahead of time, so I'm not sure what is causing the issue. Called Costco and they said it was Disney's problem since it was their confirmation number that Disney gave Costco. Was on hold with Disney for almost two hours and gave up--they are supposed to call me back at some point. I have seen this issue on several sites/forums with no clear resolution. It's definitely an issue between Disney and Costco, specifically for the park tickets. I was excited to save close to $400 booking through Costco, but now I'm beginning to wonder if it was worth it. I'm not excited about the idea of spending 2 hours waiting to pick up tickets at will call! I will post again once I have resolution.

---------

Edit: Disney called back and fixed it. Tickets are now fully linked and applied to Magic Bands and I can do my park reservations! Didn't get any explanation on how they fixed it but it didn't take more than 2 minutes. Just had to get over the hold time!

Last edited:
Just booked a package thru Costco at Caribbean Beach with tickets included. Got the two separate emails with the hotel and ticket confirmation numbers. Hotel confirmation linked in MDE no problem, but ticket confirmation would not link. In the booking information from Costco, it tells you to link your tickets so you can do your park reservations ahead of time, so I'm not sure what is causing the issue. Called Costco and they said it was Disney's problem since it was their confirmation number that Disney gave Costco. Was on hold with Disney for almost two hours and gave up--they are supposed to call me back at some point. I have seen this issue on several sites/forums with no clear resolution. It's definitely an issue between Disney and Costco, specifically for the park tickets.

In my experience I had to go to a web browser to link the tickets to MDE. I actually cancelled my original booking and rebooked yesterday (same price as last week with the same room type upgrades but now with a $100 resort credit). The app wouldn’t let me link either booking’s tickets but I had no issues on the website.

I'm not excited about the idea of spending 2 hours waiting to pick up tickets at will call!

You should be able to go to the Disney planning/concierge desk to pickup will call tickets at the resort vs waiting in line at guest services outside of the park or in Disney Springs.

Why aren't there any dates for Costco travel for Disnryworld in 2023?
They didn’t come out for 2022 until October or November. Seems they may be following a similar trend this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter