Costco Travel Rental Car deals

sherilaine

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to post this as I have reserved a rental car through Costco for our upcoming trip. I have checked about twice a week since I originally booked back in early January, which was about 2 months prior to our trip. The price as of today, which is now just over 3 weeks from our trip, has gone down by close to 30% so if anyone has booked with them it pays to keep checking back on the adjusted pricing. It is easy to cancel and re-book with them as there is no deposit required.

Anyway just wanted to share!!

Thanks!

Hotel and car rentals do fluctuate quite a bit, so my go to strategy is to book something in order to "lock in" a price on something like Expedia, then keep checking for better deals.

I don't have a rental for California but my mini van rental for Florida has dropped from 965.00 to 546.00 in a week. I love Costco car rentals.

Thank you for letting us know, I managed to save another $30 on my minivan!

I have one reserved that I booked directly with the car rental company and it is $350 less than what Costco states it would be through them. So why is Costco such a good deal? Am I missing something?

It all depends on the prices when you booked. They fluctuate daily. I've changed a reservation for a friend 10 times in the last month. Minivan gradually went from $672 down to $264. Whereas the suv that I booked a month ago has only gone higher. These are through Costco. I checked Alamo the day I booked the suv and it was more than the Costco price. So if you hit a good day with low prices then you might not see anything lower. It's a crazy game.

Argh, the convertible we were going to rent through Costco went from $272 to $415. Darn it. Well I guess we'll just bide our time and keep checking the Costco site. My dh also gets a corporate discount through Avis but Costco was still cheaper (at least it WAS last week lol). We still have 3+ months before we leave for Mauil

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter