• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Costco Travel - Cannot get through

It seems to be all over the place—some people cancel online and get a quick email response, some don’t hear anything for days. Some call and get through quickly, some hold for 3 hours or get disconnected. My cancelled cruise wasn’t supposed to leave for 3 weeks so it isn’t urgent yet, but really dreading having to call eventually. Have heard nothing back from Costco and I filled out the form Tues evening.

Can you turn a Costco booked reservation (cancelled cruise turned to a placeholder) back over to DCL? Can this be done by simply calling DCL?

So on the line with Costco now. I'm frustrated because they told me that my 10% off would transfer over to the new cruise. The Costco staff spoke with DCL but didn't include me in the conversation. He came back and told me what the cruise price was. I told him that price was the same as online and didn't include the 10% off. He argued with me a little bit but then agreed to call them back. Well, he came back to me and said that the wait time would be over 30 minutes again after the hour wait between the two of them.

But my point is if you booked with the 10% off make sure that the price they tell you includes that. If I would have just taken his word for it I would have lost out on that discount.

This is the last time I'm going through Costco.

This is the last time I'm going through Costco.

Me too. It is one of many reasons I am taking the refund (assuming they ever process it!) instead of rescheduling, so that when I make a new booking someday they will not be involved.

Here is my experience: Our March 14th cruise was cancelled. Was offered the same option to either receive a refund or 150% credit for future booking within 15 months. Submitted the form sent from Costco and chose the option to rebook. Finally got around today to attempt to call Costco. Tried several times throughout the day and kept getting the message that they were receiving unprecedented phone calls and my call could not be taken at this time and was disconnected. Then tried one more time around 5:30pm EDT and was connected to a rep after being on hold for about 20 minutes. The Costco rep could not have been nicer (I made a point to be nice and respectful to him since I can't imagine the anger that has been directed towards him by other callers). He took my info and called DCL. He was on hold with DCL for about 30 min but checked back with me about every 5 min to let me know that we was still there and on hold. Once he got through to DCL, things went quickly.

I filled out Costco's online cancelation form around 2pm today (Thursday, March 19) for Wonder's April 12th cruise. This is one of the officially canceled cruises with 100% refund or 125% future credit option. Costco's form does have the correct option available for my choosing.

I got an official email reply from Costco around 6:30pm telling me that they have processed my refund request and the correct amount being refunded is listed within the email.

I remember seeing the original form saying something about processing the request based on urgency. I didn't think April 12th one is that urgent. Either Costco has streamlined their process or the officially canceled cruises are processed first. Either way, my total time spent on this is about 5 minutes on the form.

I really don't blame Costco on their level of service (or lack thereof). Who would have predicted that this became a global issue and caused the whole cruising industry to totally shutdown. Heck, California just announced that the whole state has to shelter-in-place. We are talking about 40+ million people just for 1 state!

I really don't blame Costco on their level of service (or lack thereof). Who would have predicted that this became a global issue and caused the whole cruising industry to totally shutdown.

THIS! There are people with every cruise line and every TA that are upset. If you are with Costco and dont want to use them again, that's understandable. But know that any other large TA is likely to have similar issues in a future similar situation. That leave booking direct. Which also hasnt been a walk in the park for some people, depending on when they try to contact DCL (or whichever line).

The problem with using a smaller TA without a larger company backing him is that you might run into something like this.

I filled out Costco's online cancelation form around 2pm today (Thursday, March 19) for Wonder's April 12th cruise. This is one of the officially canceled cruises with 100% refund or 125% future credit option. Costco's form does have the correct option available for my choosing.

I got an official email reply from Costco around 6:30pm telling me that they have processed my refund request and the correct amount being refunded is listed within the email.

I remember seeing the original form saying something about processing the request based on urgency. I didn't think April 12th one is that urgent. Either Costco has streamlined their process or the officially canceled cruises are processed first. Either way, my total time spent on this is about 5 minutes on the form.

I really don't blame Costco on their level of service (or lack thereof). Who would have predicted that this became a global issue and caused the whole cruising industry to totally shutdown. Heck, California just announced that the whole state has to shelter-in-place. We are talking about 40+ million people just for 1 state!

My cruise is cancelled, was 4/6, I filled out the form a day before you, and still have heard nothing. So, no rhyme or reason to it. If I don’t get an email today I’ll probably call.

ETA: I did take a photo of the online page saying my form was submitted, in case I didn’t hear anything.

But how long did it take for them to email you? I’ve heard nothing since doing the form.
I didn't fill out the form. I called last thursday afternoon and was just lucky to get through. Took about an hour of waiting. They cancelled and then it took a week for the funds to get to my credit card. My trip was just outside the zone of full refund (June 1st) so I lost the deposit.

I called last Sunday and cancelled a summer cruise (so I would get the full refund as this was before they extended the PIF dates). I got an email cancellation from Costco the same day, but am still waiting for the credit card refund. And I think the delay is Disney. In that same call I cancelled our spring break trip to Mexico and that refund has already come through.

I talked to Costco yesterday - I noticed my cruise was cancelled online, but hadn't gotten an e-mail (you may want to check your list of itineraries to see if it's there). They do not personally do the refunds, the suppliers do (they are basically a pass through - that is why you see the charge as Disney Cruise).

Disney is telling them 14-31 days EXTRA for any refunds.

I think it will also help if those who aren't sailing right away don't call right away. I am not sailing until next month. I don't plan on calling until next month, unless I get word that suddenly the calls are going through quicker. Even when there isn't a virus quarantining people on a ship, I hate calling these places. Seems like it always take longer than it should.
Exactly! I know everyone wants to get things taken care of but this would work so much more efficiently if the only people calling right now we’re people who were supposed to be sailing with the next 2 weeks. Once those folks have been helped move on to the next two weeks. People not sailing until late April of May frankly need to calm down and wait their turn.

I need to call to get our 40 percent off applied to the sailing we booked on-board the WBPC but it’s not urgent so I’ll wait until the phone queues have calmed down.

I did get my email from Costco that I was cancelled - it took probably 24-30 hours from when I submitted the online form. Who knows when we will see the refund from Disney. Does anyone know - if the deposit was paid on a different card from the balance will they split the refund or just throw it on the more recent card? (I don’t care - just want to know where to check.)

Just got a credit today on my card for a cruise that was cancelled about a week and a half ago. With the number of things that DCL is working on this doesn't seem too bad.

I rebooked us all for next year. I don't know if we'll all or any of us will take that cruise, but I have until October to decide and still get a refund. I also noticed rooms booking up very quickly for the cruise I wanted, so people are rebooking.

I did get my email from Costco that I was cancelled - it took probably 24-30 hours from when I submitted the online form. Who knows when we will see the refund from Disney. Does anyone know - if the deposit was paid on a different card from the balance will they split the refund or just throw it on the more recent card? (I don’t care - just want to know where to check.)
They usually refund to the form of payment - so if you used multiple cards, it will go to each card that was used.

I’m confused by the costco cancellation form - it states “credit” on the form. For those of you who have completed the cancellation form - are you getting a refund? I’m looking for a refund not a credit for a future cruise. Thanks all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter