Costco Travel Advice

JKB DIS

Mouseketeer
Hello All! I am looking for advice on using Costco Travel for an upcoming Disney World trip. I am a complete novice with Costco Travel, so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Specifically, I am wondering if anyone knows when 2024 dates will be able to be booked? Also, what kind of experiences have you had using Costco Travel for a Disney World trip? Thank You!

Costco travel has the same pricing for Disney as every other travel agency, yet provides very basic service. I did not have good experience booking a cruise, and had to keep calling their call center for assistance. I much prefer personal service of a travel agency through Dreams Unlimited. I know I have a 1:1 agent that can learn about MY family and make suggestions/recommendations.

Costco travel has the same pricing for Disney as every other travel agency, yet provides very basic service. I did not have good experience booking a cruise, and had to keep calling their call center for assistance. I much prefer personal service of a travel agency through Dreams Unlimited. I know I have a 1:1 agent that can learn about MY family and make suggestions/recommendations.
Thank you so much for the information! I will look into Dreams Unlimited. In my many trips to Disney, I have never used a travel agency. Maybe it is time to start!

I have used Costco travel for many Disney cruises and have had zero issues. I have also used them for all inclusive Caribbean vacations. Zero issues. I don’t need someone to plan everything for me and hold my hand. I can do most everything myself. I am interested in the cash back Costco travel provides. It can be significant.

You're going to do most of the work on your own via Costco Travel, if you get a Costco gift card bonus, it's not so bad. If you want the ability to get help while traveling, especially if you're concerned about flight delays, use a regular travel agent.

I have used Costco travel for many Disney cruises and have had zero issues. I have also used them for all inclusive Caribbean vacations. Zero issues. I don’t need someone to plan everything for me and hold my hand. I can do most everything myself. I am interested in the cash back Costco travel provides. It can be significant.
Thank you so much! I have always done all of my own planning, so this would not be a problem.

You're going to do most of the work on your own via Costco Travel, if you get a Costco gift card bonus, it's not so bad. If you want the ability to get help while traveling, especially if you're concerned about flight delays, use a regular travel agent.
Thank you so much for your reply! I would probably use Southwest, so would be doing flights on my own. Is it difficult to link a Costco trip to your MY Disney Experience?

I recently had the opportunity to use Costco Travel for a Disney World trip and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. As someone who loves a good deal, I had heard positive things about Costco Travel and decided to give it a try. The booking process was seamless and the customer service was top-notch. I found that the package they offered, including accommodations and park tickets, was significantly cheaper than booking everything separately. Additionally, the added perks like discounted dining options and transportation made our trip even more enjoyable. Overall, I highly recommend considering Costco Travel for your Disney World trip. Don't just take my word for it, be sure to check out Costco Travel reviews to see what others have to say about their experiences.
Thank you for sharing your experience! I will definitely check out Costco Travel reviews. I am hoping they open up travel to Disney for 2024 soon.

I am confused. When I look at the Costco site, I don’t see the option to book a hotel without tickets. I am interested in the Swan pricing, and I can’t find a way to remove the tickets.

You can book 2024 for over a month now. Is it not available through Costco?
Unfortunately, you can only use Costco to book for travel through 12/31/23. I have never used Costco, but would like to see if I can get a good deal for March of 2024.

I am confused. When I look at the Costco site, I don’t see the option to book a hotel without tickets. I am interested in the Swan pricing, and I can’t find a way to remove the tickets.
I am very new to Costco travel, so I am no expert! I also do not see an option to book the Swan or any other Disney hotel without a minimum of 3 days of park tickets.

AutoSlash, the car rental rate-tracking site, also has a service called HotelSlash. If you forward your confirmation to them they'll track price drops and you can re-book or have the provider re-price. Check it out. I recently saved on a Honolulu hotel, originally booked at $735/night and adjusted to $525/night thanks to HotelSlash. Of course, as with anything, read all the fine print about cancellation policies.

AutoSlash, the car rental rate-tracking site, also has a service called HotelSlash. If you forward your confirmation to them they'll track price drops and you can re-book or have the provider re-price. Check it out. I recently saved on a Honolulu hotel, originally booked at $735/night and adjusted to $525/night thanks to HotelSlash. Of course, as with anything, read all the fine print about cancellation policies.
Thanks for the information! I will look into HotelSlash.

My brother's family and his in-laws went on a Disney cruise purchased from Costco travel. Didn't hear of any issues. Think they received a Costco gift card.

I just returned from my WDW vacation booked through Costco. They only sell hotel and tickets together as a package. I found that they were cheaper than Disney at the time of booking if you included the tickets, even without the $250 per room discount that was being offered from Costco at the time. I paid $5013 for 5 nights, 2 rooms at Coronado Springs and had 5 day park hoppers for 5 people. Costco's initial deposit is higher than Disney's--I believe 1st payment was over 1K. I changed my package from 4 park days to 5 without any issue and it was very easy to ad the tickets to my Disney experience. I later added a rental car, then removed it because their website had a better deal, without a problem. This was the 2nd trip I've booked with them and would do it again. However, you need more than basic service you may want to consider someone else. I'll be happy to answer any questions.

I use Costco Travel all of the time when booking Disney Cruises or book the cruise and transfer to Costco. You get an 8% Costco gift card back once you have completed the cruise. We just did a7 night Med Cruise for 8 of us. Disney had a Special Offer which brought the price to around $12,000, Received Gift Cards for over $1,000 when we returned. Have never had an issue with Costco Travel.

I just returned from my WDW vacation booked through Costco. They only sell hotel and tickets together as a package. I found that they were cheaper than Disney at the time of booking if you included the tickets, even without the $250 per room discount that was being offered from Costco at the time. I paid $5013 for 5 nights, 2 rooms at Coronado Springs and had 5 day park hoppers for 5 people. Costco's initial deposit is higher than Disney's--I believe 1st payment was over 1K. I changed my package from 4 park days to 5 without any issue and it was very easy to ad the tickets to my Disney experience. I later added a rental car, then removed it because their website had a better deal, without a problem. This was the 2nd trip I've booked with them and would do it again. However, you need more than basic service you may want to consider someone else. I'll be happy to answer any questions.
Thank you so much for your informative post! I will definitely give Costco a try. Now I just have to wait to see if they offer Disney packages for March 2024. Fingers crossed!

I use Costco Travel all of the time when booking Disney Cruises or book the cruise and transfer to Costco. You get an 8% Costco gift card back once you have completed the cruise. We just did a7 night Med Cruise for 8 of us. Disney had a Special Offer which brought the price to around $12,000, Received Gift Cards for over $1,000 when we returned. Have never had an issue with Costco Travel.
Thank you so much for the information! Sounds like you got a great deal of your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter