Costco tickets for zoo/dl/sw

lillady718

Earning My Ears
I do not belong to costco, but my grandfather does. So I was wondering, those of you who have ordered from Costco, do the tickets come with your name on them? I mean , I could order them and have them sent to Grandpa's house, but don't want his name on the tickets? Make sense? Thanks

These are for the 3 day park hoppers, 1 day zoo, 1 day Sea world
for 164.00 (if costco member)

:earsgirl:

Just got back from cali. The name does not appear on the tickets. I do not have costco either but my grandma does and she got my tickets for us and we used them without a hitch.

lillady718 said:
I do not belong to costco, but my grandfather does. So I was wondering, those of you who have ordered from Costco, do the tickets come with your name on them? I mean , I could order them and have them sent to Grandpa's house, but don't want his name on the tickets? Make sense? Thanks

These are for the 3 day park hoppers, 1 day zoo, 1 day Sea world
for 164.00 (if costco member)

:earsgirl:

We just used the SoCal City Pass from Costco. They don't come with names and there should not be issue of your Grandpa buying them for you.

The only thing to caution is to leave all tickets in tact in the package/booklet and not to rip them out as you visit the individual parks. Let the park attendants take care of that for you. They say the tickets would be voided if not left in the package/booklet.

It's a great value or saving by buying with Costco.

do these tickets have an expiration date and black out dates, i am going april 2006.

There are no blackout dates, but all the vouchers must be used within 14 days of the first use. (They write the date of first use on the cover, which is why you can't rip the tickets out of the booklet and then still use them.)

Currently, the tickets that are being sold through costco have an expiration date of 3/31/06; your first day of use must be by then (and last day of use must be before 4/13/06). The costco web site gives very conflicting advice on this -- there are places where it is ambiguous about use date and the like, and even some places where it misleading suggests that the ticket can be used any time prior to 2007. But the booklets they are selling right now (or were selling as of about 2 weeks ago) are use by 3/31/06. I would look for the new tickets with expiration dates out further in the future to show up in a few months.

Incidentally, even if you are not a costco member, you don't have to jump through hoops to buy these things. If you purchase them through costco.com, you don't need to be a member. I think if you are not a member, they add a slight surcharge to your order. It probably adds up if you are buying a bunch of the tickets, but for a few it's not much of a premium.

They add 5% to your ticket total if you are not a costco member. And for three tickets the shipping was going to be 11.xx.
That made it 531.25 shipped(approx) for 3 tickets to non-costco member
vs
$555 for the same 3 tickets from the disneyland site (Which I believe someone said was free shipping? on a different post I read?)

If you can get it by being a costco member-0r someone else
The tickets would have be about $506.50

I'm just trying to decide if I should buy my own costco membership now.....
:)

lillady718 said:
They add 5% to your ticket total if you are not a costco member. And for three tickets the shipping was going to be 11.xx.
That made it 531.25 shipped(approx) for 3 tickets to non-costco member
vs
$555 for the same 3 tickets from the disneyland site (Which I believe someone said was free shipping? on a different post I read?)

If you can get it by being a costco member-0r someone else
The tickets would have be about $506.50

I'm just trying to decide if I should buy my own costco membership now.....
:)

We bought 2 adult and 2 kids tickets and had them shipped to California. Our shipping cost was $10.46 and grand total was for $566.42. I do have the Canadian membership which worked for buying but Costco.com didn't ship to Canada, so I had them shipped to my aunt's house which is in California.

If you can buy it with someone's membership, then it of course the most economic choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter