Costco question....

steves100

DIS Veteran
Just got off Wonder. Booked on board for our 10th cruise next year.

Gave guy Costco info so I could get Costco perks, never transferred reservation before.

When I call Costco, will I have to pay in full? If so when is the latest I can transfer to them?

Are Dreams Unlimited perks better than Costco!

Thanks.

Steve

PIF date for Costco is two weeks before the normal DCL PIF date. So unless your cruise PIF date is quickly approaching, you shouldn't have to pay anything more than your deposit until then.

The only perk Costco offers is a Cash Back card. But in my limited experience, it is for a higher amount than any on board credit offered by any other travel agency.

through Costco.

I don't think you will find a travel agent that can get you a better deal. There isn't an "OBC" like you get w/ a travel agent, but the gift card you receive a week or so after your cruise is a decent amount. WE have two 5C category rooms booked and are getting $380 gift cards for each room.

Also, we are getting an OBC through Disney chase for $50 each stateroom for using our visa card to purchase our cruise.

Any changes you have to make you call Costco and they call Disney Cruise Line. I haven't had any issue with either of our cruises.

I recommend them highly if you don't mind your "discount" in the form of a Costco gift card.

I didn't answer your question.

I think you have to transfer it to Costco pretty quick. I just read it on here the other day, but I don't remember how long it was.

You do not have to pay in full. I made payments on line at Costco. /travel...never had to even make a phone call. Very convenient!

Just got off Wonder. Booked on board for our 10th cruise next year.

Gave guy Costco info so I could get Costco perks, never transferred reservation before.

When I call Costco, will I have to pay in full? If so when is the latest I can transfer to them?

Are Dreams Unlimited perks better than Costco!

Thanks.

Steve

From what you're saying, it sounds like you designated/named Costco Travel as your TA when you booked onboard. If that's the case, you don't need to transfer the reservation. You just need to call Costco Travel and give them the DCL reservation number, and they will "pull the reservation over" into their system. At that point you will get a Costco booking number and they will e-mail you confirmation with all the details (i.e., itinerary, room number, dining time, cash card amount, etc.). Costco Travel typically gives about 9% of the cruise fare back as a cash card -- very generous. As a PP said, you do not have to pay in full. You don't actually have to pay anything else until your PIF date. The 10% you put down when you were onboard will hold the reservation until then. Costco's PIF date is 2 weeks before DCL's.

Stick with costco, received over $600 worth of gift cards less than a week after returning.... Costco agents were friendly and quick to respond.

Like pp stated you get ~ 9% back off your cruise fare which is more than other obb, and truth be told it all comes out of the same pot so why not maximize your savings.... this is after the 10% off when booking onboard, I just finished transferring another reservation to costco!

From what you're saying, it sounds like you designated/named Costco Travel as your TA when you booked onboard. If that's the case, you don't need to transfer the reservation.

I agree. You gave the info while booking onboard, so it's not a transfer situation.

We did the same thing last year when we booked our next cruise onboard (put Costco as the travel agent). We were able to get the discounted rate for booking on board & the on board credit Disney offers. A few weeks later we called Costco travel to confirm they got everything & even added another room to our reservation (no on board credit for that one though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter