Costco Premium Character Dining Voucher

lisaradz

Mouseketeer
I just returned from DLR and wanted to let everyone know what I found out about the Costco vouchers.

We were able to use a Costco voucher up to the $45 value in the parks at regular dining venues.

Although the voucher clearly states "Voucher may be applied up to its retail price of $45 at any food and beverage location" It was not accepted at Surf's Up Buffet restaurant at PPH. There were three of us and we had two vouchers. The character breakfast was $30.99 for each. I gave the waitress two of the vouchers (total of $90 value) and she said each person needs a separate voucher since it is a character meal. We spoke with the manager and she said the same thing. It only has the $45 value if used at any dining that is not "Character Dining".

That is correct and additionally, no change is given if your total is under $45. Unless something has changed, you also may only use one voucher per transaction if it is not at a character meal.

Can you buy Costco vouchers just for meals? Or are they part of a vacation packaged through Costco?

We're getting 2 vouchers from Costco as part of our package deal, and I was thinking of using them on either one breakfast at Goofy's, or two breakfasts at Storytellers (using one voucher at a time and just paying the rest). So what I'm hearing here is that the Storytellers plan won't work....?

That is correct and additionally, no change is given if your total is under $45. Unless something has changed, you also may only use one voucher per transaction if it is not at a character meal.

Unless this is something new, you are able to use more than one voucher for non character dining. We have used 2-3 vouchers to pay for a meal at Blue Bayou on a few occasions without any issue.

We're getting 2 vouchers from Costco as part of our package deal, and I was thinking of using them on either one breakfast at Goofy's, or two breakfasts at Storytellers (using one voucher at a time and just paying the rest). So what I'm hearing here is that the Storytellers plan won't work....?

You can use them at Storytellers, but it would have to be one voucher per person. The OP had an issue with trying to use 2 vouchers when they had 3 people because they wanted to use the face value. To get the most value (character meal wise) out of your vouchers, I would do Goofy's Kitchen dinner or Ariel's Grotto lunch.

You can use them at Storytellers, but it would have to be one voucher per person. The OP had an issue with trying to use 2 vouchers when they had 3 people because they wanted to use the face value. To get the most value (character meal wise) out of your vouchers, I would do Goofy's Kitchen dinner or Ariel's Grotto lunch.

Actually, you can use them at Storyteller's any way you want. What you have to do is order off the menu, NOT get the character meal buffet. We walked in, told the waitress we were not there for the character meal but just the regular menu, and to my surprise the kids were completely included (as were all the others in the restaurant) in the character meal activities.

As long as you don't go for the buffet, you're good at Storyteller's. This won't work at Goofy's or any other character meal restaurants unless they have a non-character meal menu.

Actually, you can use them at Storyteller's any way you want. What you have to do is order off the menu, NOT get the character meal buffet. We walked in, told the waitress we were not there for the character meal but just the regular menu, and to my surprise the kids were completely included (as were all the others in the restaurant) in the character meal activities.

As long as you don't go for the buffet, you're good at Storyteller's. This won't work at Goofy's or any other character meal restaurants unless they have a non-character meal menu.

I always forget ST has the a la carte menu for breakfast...:eek:

i booked a costco disneyland vacation also - just 1 night, then rent 2 nights at DVC and the premium character dining was included, a few questions:

1. do these get mailed to you?
2. with 2 adults, 2 kids - will i get 4 vouchers or $45/each? or are the kids vouchers less?
3. not really interested in character dining, food usually isn't as good, so i can use at any restaurant? and may be limited to just 1 voucher per non-character meal per comment above?

thanks in advance

i booked a costco disneyland vacation also - just 1 night, then rent 2 nights at DVC and the premium character dining was included, a few questions:

1. do these get mailed to you?
2. with 2 adults, 2 kids - will i get 4 vouchers or $45/each? or are the kids vouchers less?
3. not really interested in character dining, food usually isn't as good, so i can use at any restaurant? and may be limited to just 1 voucher per non-character meal per comment above?

thanks in advance

1. Yes, they do. I think it's something like 2 weeks before your trip.
2. You will get 4 vouchers, 2 adult ($45) and 2 child (not sure...$35?). Anyway, yes, the kids' vouchers are less.
3. You can use the vouchers almost everywhere in the parks. Exceptions would be carts (and anything that does not have a computerized register I believe), and DTD restaurants other than the ones in the resort hotels. No, there is no limit to how many vouchers you can use, but just be aware you won't get change. What you can do is (a) use vouchers that don't cover the total amount and pay the difference with cash or credit card, or (b) use the rest of the voucher for tip, which is allowed.

The confusion came from the OP trying to use two vouchers for 3 people at a character meal. You MUST use one voucher for EACH diner at a character meal--so if the character meal is only $31 and your voucher has a face value of $45, as was the case in that example, you are essentially wasting the $14. You won't get change, and you can't apply that $14 toward another's meal. If you went to Blue Bayou and bought meals for a total cost of $75, you could either use one voucher and pay the $30 difference or use 2 vouchers and use the $15 "change" to cover the tip. You have more flexibility outside of character dining, but one advantage to the character meal voucher used for a character meal is the tax and tip are included.

Does anyone know if you can use these vouchers at White Water Cafe, Flo's and Fiddle, Fiffer?

Does anyone know if you can use these vouchers at White Water Cafe, Flo's and Fiddle, Fiffer?

You can, but it would only be worth it if you are ordering a vouchers worth of food...the Adult Premium Vouchers are $44, not $45.

Wow! I have never booked thru Costco before, but after reading what is included, it sure does seem like a great deal!

If you have a larger family...I can see getting to that amount at a CS place easily. My family of 3 will hasn't spent more than $35.

The three of us had to order some extras that we wouldn't ordinarily buy to get up past $44.

I also bought a costco package. They mentioned it would be mailed out 2 weeks out. 1 month 2 week to go yeah! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter