Costco Packages for Disneyland

OneThree

DIS Veteran
So the DW surprised me this morning and asked if we stay at the DLH for our trip. I was looking at the packages via Costco and they seem like a pretty good deal. I'd save a little bit doing all the pieces separately but not by much.

Anyone have any experience booking with Costco? We'd still do the airfare separately so it'd be the hotel and tickets.

We have done a Costco package before and IMHO the extra perks that they include in the price make it worth it. We didn't have any problems with anything when we went thru them. We have also booked a couple of cruises with them and they were great. I don't think you will be disappointed with them.

I always book with Costco.
with Costco you are getting a character meal voucher for each person in your party that can be used for any sit down restaurant or for a character meal.
If you book from the Costco sight or Disney sight the cost will be the same just with Costco you get the meal voucher.
You are also booking through Disney, the Costco sight routes you to Disney Travel. I have never had any trouble and the package comes right when they say it will.
I just booked our November trip with Costco....Super excited.

We booked through Costcotravel for the last trip and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Just the Character Meal vouchers alone are worth about $45 each, plus you get a gift card worth $40 (give or take, depending on your length of stay), plus the free ride photo, and free luggage tags, lanyards, and exclusive pins for everyone in your party. For four people staying 4 nights, that's more than $220 in bonus material! Keep in mind, though, that the package with all the vouchers and park hopper tickets won't arrive until about two weeks before your trip date, and someone has to be home to sign for it.

We booked through Costcotravel for the last trip and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Just the Character Meal vouchers alone are worth about $45 each, plus you get a gift card worth $40 (give or take, depending on your length of stay), plus the free ride photo, and free luggage tags, lanyards, and exclusive pins for everyone in your party. For four people staying 4 nights, that's more than $220 in bonus material! Keep in mind, though, that the package with all the vouchers and park hopper tickets won't arrive until about two weeks before your trip date, and someone has to be home to sign for it.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, yes you are paying a premium to stay on property but you are also getting some bonus items which help offset the cost (marginally) :earboy2:

Piggy-backing on this thread...do the Costco packages still come via UPS? I have alerts set up for UPS so I can know when packages are on their way and so I can be home to sign. Also, if you aren't available when the package is delivered, do they leave one of those slips where you can authorize them to leave it when they attempt to redeliver? Or do you have to go to the UPS facility and pick up your package?

Yes they do still come UPS. And you must be there to sign for your package.
Also keep in mind you get all the same perks staying in a good neighbor hotel just maybe not as much of a gift card.

I too am wondering what happens if I'm not home to sign for the package? Also, my mom's name is primary so it's addressed to her but she only has a PO Box (which they won't deliver to so we sent it to my house) so can I sign or does she have sign? This is the first time we've booked through Costco. Thanks for any help!

We did not book through Costco, but through another authorized Disney travel agent, and they also used UPS/required a signature. I think UPS will attempt to deliver three times before returning the package. We were not home on their first two visits, but they left a note with other options so we did not miss the package. You can go online or call to let them know which option you would like. I chose to pick it up at the UPS facility, which is pretty close to where I work. Unfortunately, I cannot remember what the other options were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter