• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Costco Hearing Aids - opinions

Anyone use Costco or Sam's for hearing aids? Good, bad or go somewhere else? Thank you
My Dad finally just got some. He liked going through Costco, especially with the return policy. He returned his first brand - too complicated and app oriented. No issues replacing them with a brand and type he likes much better.

Price was great, too.

I think I get Bingo today -- been on a Trafalgar tour, had late night wedding snacks, annnddd....have Costco hearing aids. I bought the Costco brand ones, or at least the cheaper ones that Costco calls their own, and they've been great. I've had them about two years with zero problems. I had my ears tested by our health group before going to be tested at Costco, and the two hearing graphs matched up perfectly, so I was confident that the prescription was correct. They have improved my life immensely.

Oh, also...be sure to get the ones with rechargeable batteries. They cost a bit more, but you save on buying batteries, and they are really convenient. Very user-friendly.
And also mine are simple. I don't use apps or Blue Tooth. Just pop 'em in to hear better.

Oh, also...be sure to get the ones with rechargeable batteries. They cost a bit more, but you save on buying batteries, and they are really convenient. Very user-friendly.
A very interesting comment. My mom wore hearing aids with batteries that you changed. When the battery died, she replaced them in less than a minute and was on her way. My concern with rechargeable hearing aids is you are without them while they charge.
Any others have experience with rechargables, they seem like a bad idea in the situation I described. The hearing aids my mom used batteries that lasted about 10 days, and cost $3.40 for a package of 6 which would last her about a month so they weren't expensive.

A very interesting comment. My mom wore hearing aids with batteries that you changed. When the battery died, she replaced them in less than a minute and was on her way. My concern with rechargeable hearing aids is you are without them while they charge.
Any others have experience with rechargables, they seem like a bad idea in the situation I described. The hearing aids my mom used batteries that lasted about 10 days, and cost $3.40 for a package of 6 which would last her about a month so they weren't expensive.

The batteries charge very fast — much faster than phones and other electronics. And the charge lasts a long time. I find them very convenient. It may be true that it takes awhile to recoup the extra cost. For me, worth it not to worry about keeping batteries on hand. Especially now with “supply chain” issues.

The batteries charge very fast — much faster than phones and other electronics. And the charge lasts a long time. I find them very convenient. It may be true that it takes awhile to recoup the extra cost. For me, worth it not to worry about keeping batteries on hand. Especially now with “supply chain” issues.
My concern is being out for the day and having one die and being without my hearing aid all day.

My concern is being out for the day and having one die and being without my hearing aid all day.

Could happen, I guess. I think my hearing aids have more stamina than I do. I run out of steam before they do and am back home. Also, I’m sure that is a greater concern with very severe hearing loss. I personally don’t like to keep them in at all times. It just seems healthier to let the ears have air flow periodically. I wear them when visiting with people or watching television.

I am a 45 year old who has probably needed hearing aids since she was 9 but refused to get them until a few years ago. Just giving that for background. I absolutely agree on getting the rechargeable. I recharge them while I sleep at night. Also as someone else said they do recharge very very fast.

To answer the larger question about Costco. My only advice is to make sure you have a hearing test with an audiologist first. And then yes if they have what will work for you go for it.

I am a 45 year old who has probably needed hearing aids since she was 9 but refused to get them until a few years ago. Just giving that for background. I absolutely agree on getting the rechargeable. I recharge them while I sleep at night. Also as someone else said they do recharge very very fast.

To answer the larger question about Costco. My only advice is to make sure you have a hearing test with an audiologist first. And then yes if they have what will work for you go for it.

I’m 46 and need them, have put it off but it’s gotten worse so it’s a need now. You answered a question I had though, about overnight use! Just makes sense to charge overnight like I do with my phone.

I’m 46 and need them, have put it off but it’s gotten worse so it’s a need now. You answered a question I had though, about overnight use! Just makes sense to charge overnight like I do with my phone.
Yes. I plug them in right next to my phone at night. It took me a very long time to accept that I actually really needed them. But I wear glasses and no one ever things twice about wearing glasses.

I remembered one other thing about the rechargeable hearing aides. The salesman told me that the charger helps to dry out the hearing aides, which helps to keep them cleaner -- prevents growth of fungus or bacteria. Not sure if this is true, but it does make sense, especially if you live in a muggy area, and my ears have stayed healthy for the two years I've had them.

I guess overnight for charging a small hearing aid battery would okay. I qualify that because I never charge my phones or devices when I am asleep. Just for safety reasons after reading about fires caused by charging phones overheating and catching fire. (Things like the Santa Barbara dive boat fire that killed 34)

I prefer a discreet (invisible) hearing aid with Bluetooth capability. Now I'm confused about whether to go for IIC and buy a separate ear bud (like non hearing impaired folks) or buy the smallest Bluetooth hearing aid possible. Found a great option in the hearing aid store and probably will order myself one in the nearest future.

Last edited:
I've had Costco hearing aides for about 8 years and recommend them to my friends. Prior to this I was working with a hearing center here. Costco was half the cost and seems to be just as good, if not better.
Costco did tell me that some people with certain issues (I think Cookie Bite hearing loss was one) need to see an audiologist, rather than work with Costco. I thought that showed integrity.

We have had a great experience with Costco's Hearing Center. They have provided kind, friendly, and professional service all around. As an FYI to anyone who is not a Costco member but who knows someone that is, when you go with a Costco Member and sign up yourself, you each get a $10 Costco Gift Card. You just have to ask at Customer Service. :hug:to all and admiration at wanting to better your hearing or that of somwone you love as was the case with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter