Costco Cash rebate?

Tonyspad

Disney or Bust for us!
I am considering transfering my reservation over to Costco for our 7/09 cruise. I have a Cat 3 stateroom booked that is costing me more than 12K. When I called Costco today to see what the cash card amount would be if I transfer the booking to them the girl stated that she could not give me the amount until I transfer the reservation over???

If Costco is going to give me the same amount that is being offered for stateroom credits from a TA, I would prefer to go that way.

Has anyone transfered to Costco lately, if so what was your credit??

I transferred our repo cruise to Costco and a good estimate is about 9% of your cruise after you subtract taxes, fees and insurance. Also, you receive a Costco Gift Card not cash. You would receive around $1000 GC.

Costco gives you a lot more than most (if not all) TA's will give you for shipboard credit. Our Mexican Riviera cruise was about $6000 and our Costco gc was for $500. :cool1:

We booked onboard last summer and got a $100 stateroom credit as well as the onboard booking discount. Later transferred to Costco and kept the discount, stateroom credit AND got the Costco gift card. We were also told the same thing about not knowing the exact amount, but you could always ask the "if I were to book a cat X room with you now (new booking), what would the rebate be?" and try to estimate it that way. Good luck!

Is there a downside to transferring your booking? Can we still check our reservation on the DCL website, book our excursions in the same time frame on the DCL website, etc.?

Is there a downside to transferring your booking? Can we still check our reservation on the DCL website, book our excursions in the same time frame on the DCL website, etc.?

The only downside is Disney will no longer help you with your reservation, that is your TA's job. Not that they do anymore than a TA would, but if you want to deal directly with Disney and have them on speed dial, then you cant do that after you transfer.:goodvibes

You keep your original reservation number even after transfer and you will be able to view your ressie and book your excursions, Palo, etc just like everyone else.

I did not transfer my reservation from DCL to Costco until the final payment due date when the Castaway Cay Club members could book excursions starting at midnight(You have to be paid in full to book exc.) .
I called Costco that afternoon, paid my cruise in full, they immediately paid DCL. I verified that I was good to go, and at midnight I booked our Palo (Tea, Brunch and Dinner) and excursions with all the other Castaway Club members.

I also purchased the Trip Insurance thru Costco. We are Exec. members so we got a good deal on that too.

When we return, we will receive our $575 gift card.:wizard:

I am considering transfering my reservation over to Costco for our 7/09 cruise. I have a Cat 3 stateroom booked that is costing me more than 12K. When I called Costco today to see what the cash card amount would be if I transfer the booking to them the girl stated that she could not give me the amount until I transfer the reservation over???

If Costco is going to give me the same amount that is being offered for stateroom credits from a TA, I would prefer to go that way.

Has anyone transfered to Costco lately, if so what was your credit??

I have a Cat3 booked for next Thanksgiving through Costco and my Costco Cash Card is $1,100 (I am paying just over $11,000)

The hold times can be long; however $1,100 is $1,100!

anyone already transfer a 2009 booking and transfer to costco? just wondering if they are doing the same for '09 cruises as what they are doing for '08.

also, does anyone have any experiences with trouble going thru costco? i am thinking of problems with getting docs on time or having problems when you get to the port.

we just switched our reservations to costco, as for the long hold times, i have found that if i call around 5-6pm est i have a very short wait. our cruise was 1600.00 and we will get a 125.00 gift card. plus insurance was 31.00 each adult. and my sister paid only 16.00 ins on her kids. the one thing you do want to check is your on board credits, we paid using my disney cc, when i asked about my 50.00 on board credit, dcl said that i would have to call costco and have them call dcl to confirm that i made my final payment on that card.

No problems to report.

I was able to book my Palo ressies online with everyone else and I received my Cruise Docs directly from DCL last week which is when everyone else started receiving theirs also.

I took the insurance with Costco too.

Don't think I need them for anything else between now and the time we cruise.

I looked on the Costco website, and on there, it said something about receiving a gift card of up to $400. Is there a particular secret to getting more than that?

I am coming up on 105 days and intend to purchase the REAS pkg. and also book Palo right on that day. I haven't yet made my final payment, but will do so shortly. Do I need to transfer my booking to Costco now, before I do all that? Or, could I wait, get it all done, and then transfer.

I am coming up on 105 days and intend to purchase the REAS pkg. and also book Palo right on that day. I haven't yet made my final payment, but will do so shortly. Do I need to transfer my booking to Costco now, before I do all that? Or, could I wait, get it all done, and then transfer.

i believe that once you pay in full you cannot transfer to a ta, so you need to transfer to costco first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter