Costa Rica in March

mickeyworld

DIS Veteran
I have a 4 night DCL cruise booked that has suddenly fallen through and I am thinking of ABD Costa Rica. I am a single mom with a teenager and have always liked the way Disney made me feel "less single" and yet there are things for my 15 year old to do. I'd love any input from anyone who has gone is is planning on going in the end of March.

My wife, 11 year daughter and myself went in July. You will love the trip. There are a number of activities that both you and he will enjoy. In addition, it will be a non issue that you and he are traveling alone.

My son and I went on this trip in July 2008. Loved it so much, we booked a second ABD as soon as we got home. I was one of 3 single parents on the trip. I find it the perfect, stress-free way for me to travel with my child. Besides safety and convenience, we both have others our age that we can socialize with. Weather-wise, the temperature is about the same all year round and our Costa Rican guide told us that the idea that we were visiting during "rainy season" is inaccurate, because we were traveling to different parts of the country and rainy season in the interior is a different time of year than rainy season on the coast. The only rain we saw was a couple of afternoon showers and one 1/2 day of drizzle in the rainforest, but you have to expect that. Didn't stop us from doing any of the planned activities. The zip-lining is something you'll be tell people about for years to come. I can still hardly believe I let my kid do that! But I'm so glad I did. The more sedate activities, like visiting the pineapple plantation, are fun too. This is a great trip. Good luck making your decision.

My family went last march on spring break(14&15yr old boy and girl)man we had a blast in every way imaginable except the "whitewater rafting".It was still alot of fun but the rafting was pretty lame.Food was great,Hotels were great,guides were amazing.You get 2 vac.kind of.1is Arenal where its not so hot,but super lush and 1 in Manuel Antonio where it is smokin".We had some nice beach time at M.A.and if you and the kid ever want to wander off by yourself,the guides will do their best to help ya out.We all stayed at the city beach on our last day and had some darn good body surfin.My highlight was simply makin coffee and checkin the sunrise out by the pools at the Kioro.I started out in total darkness and was serenaded by howler monkeys(a sound youll never forget)the moon rising and the sun rising along with a clear volcano a couple miles in the distance.Awesome coffee too I might add.I wasnt in Kansas anymore!!Zip lining was cool,Pineapple trip was pretty fun,and we did a coffee plantation tour,which was way better than it sounds!

I completely agree with Bobo912 and Hoffman. I am a single mom and I took my daughter to ABD Costa Rica during summer 2007. She and I both had a great time---she was just 7 1/2, but we both found friends. There were kids on the trip from 7 to 17 yrs old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter