Costa Maya - What to do at the port?

shannonandtom

Mouseketeer
We don't plan on doing any shore excursions in Costa Maya.
What is the shopping like at the port and is there anything else interesting to do in that area?

Thanks!

Port Pool! My daughter loved this day! Very big pool, swim up bar, water fountains in the pool. After small ship pools, this was a welcome break of a day! Plus, it's free! Of course, we did enjoy drinks at the bar (she thought the tall (non alcoholic!) smoothie was fun! There is a beach with hammocks and chairs (I don't recall if it is a swimable beach...don't think so, but sand was beautiful!) and we shopped right there (def more money than going out of the port but still a bargain), she had her hair wrapped (competitive pricing to anywhere else) and we had lunch at one of the restaurants right on the water.

I would do it again in a heartbeat.....

Did ruins once and once was enough....after a while, they all look alike!:rotfl:

That being said, our aunt traveled with us and she did the ruins and I have to say, it was an all day trip...we were a little nervous that she was very late getting back to the ship as it was not a cruise line excursion! But there were about 30 people on her excursion and it worked out fine. Still, I know my daughter was getting worried!!

I'd go for the pool!

Thank you for the tip on costa maya! we aren't in port very long and it looks like the port pool will be something all 4 of our kids would enjoy! :thumbsup2

take a taxi to the Tropicante!! This was, by far, an amazing day at this place. We were leery as we knew little about it and I am a nervous nelly about non-DCL excursions, lol. Cheap taxi ride and BEST DAY. Private beach, reserved loungers (google and you will find their website), ask the waiters for whatever you want (they hooked us up with jet skis, hair braiders, and a massage person), and free calls to the UD and free Wifi. Great food, very low key place but fresh and local. Seriously, it was an AMAZING day.

I have to agree with Tropicante we were there in Dec on the Carnival Dream awesome day 1 hr massage $25 food was delicious and very reasonable when you reserve with him he is an american from Texas also he sends you an email with instructions to get to the taxi to get to him real easy and to get a taxi back they are right there also some shopping spots right there too we will so go back if we ever get to Costa Maya again :thumbsup2

We don't plan on doing any shore excursions in Costa Maya.
What is the shopping like at the port and is there anything else interesting to do in that area?

Thanks!

Shannon - is that you?!!?!? It's Jen!! Pm me! Tom and I moved out of FL quite sometime ago, but we always wonder how you and Tom are!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter