Costa Maya Question

jd99

DIS Veteran
Is the Mayan Pavillion Park and Uvero beach one in the same? I'm thinking they are different places and Uvero is an excursion and the other is close to the dock..am I right? If so, which is better for a family with two young kids (7&2) to hang out at during our stop in Costa Maya? And...is the MPP not an excursion? Help! :-)

Well I don't know about the Pavillion (it may be the port???), but I have not heard great reviews about Uvero Beach. The water has a lot of sea grass and it is about a 45 min. trip.

Here are some ideas for you. We are going in June, so I have done some searching on this.

There is a pool (salt water) and shopping right at the port. It looks fun, they do have entertainment (traditional music and dancing).

We are going to Majahual Beach which is about 5 min. away. It is suppose to be beautiful. In fact, we are doing a dis meet here!!! It is just past the Tequila Beach.

http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/SiteMap.htm

If you scroll way down, you will see links to Maj. Beach pictures. It does look nice!!!

We went to what I think is Uvero beach (Jungle Beach Break)? It did have a lot of sea grass BUT... We saw LOTS of starfish and large conch shells (5-6 inches). I think because of the sea grass, there were things to find that you don't normally get to see at a beach. You could walk Way out and still be in reasonably shallow water for the kids (I have a DD9, but she's short for her age).

We decided we actually liked this beach better than Cozumel because it was different from any beach we had ever been to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter